PDA

View Full Version : Best 3 step method

Pages : [1] 2 3

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 08:23 PM
Hello to everyone!
What’s everyone’s favorite 3 step method as far as compound, polish, and then wax/sealant/coating? I have been using Meguiar’s DA polisher with Meg’s D300, Meg’s Ultimate Polish, and usually Ultimate Wax. I know these aren’t the absolute best products but they gave me pretty good results (I’m sorry I don’t have pictures to show). I have been hearing good things about Griot’s and 3D’s line. Let me know what your go to products and tools are. That would be awesome!

Thanks so much!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

luckydawg
04-03-2018, 08:30 PM
Three steps is two to many for me- I am whipped after one.
Sorry that I could not contribute more

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 08:37 PM
Three steps is two to many for me- I am whipped after one.
Sorry that I could not contribute more

That is true, I get that way sometimes. HD Speed has been my go-to lately. But there’s nothing like the satisfaction once a 3 step has been completed.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TMQ
04-03-2018, 08:44 PM
I have found that a complete "system" to be fool proof and produces excellent results.

Griots' Boss and the Rupes systems produces outanding and flawless finishes.

I personally have the Rupes system and people think I walk on water---Grin. It never, ever failed me yet.

Tried to freestyle outside of the Rupes system with good results but when push comes to shove, I resort back to the tried and true "system" to produce stunning results.

Tom

howardm4
04-03-2018, 08:50 PM
I don’t think that if you are maintaining the finish properly, there is much need for repeated 3 steps. You should be able to clay, some finishing polish or HDSpeed and LSP.

Never take off more than you need to.

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 09:01 PM
I don’t think that if you are maintaining the finish properly, there is much need for repeated 3 steps. You should be able to clay, some finishing polish or HDSpeed and LSP.

Never take off more than you need to.

I do maintain my own vehicle pretty good. But it’s the vehicles that I come across that may need more than a finishing polish or AIO.

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 09:04 PM
I have found that a complete "system" to be fool proof and produces excellent results.

I personally have the Rupes system and people think I walk on water---Grin. It never, ever failed me yet.

Tried to freestyle outside of the Rupes system with good results but when push comes to shove, I resort back to the tried and true "system" to produce stunning results.

Tom

What machine/pads are a good combo with griots and rupes?

TMQ
04-03-2018, 09:14 PM
Griots and Rupes has it all together and lined up for you as a complete system. All the pads and polishes are set up for you and they even have color coded the pads and polishes together for you!

Which compound/polishes with which pads.

Foolproof!

Tom

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 09:19 PM
Griots and Rupes has it all together and lined up for you as a complete system. All the pads and polishes are set up for you and they even have color coded the pads and polishes together for you!

Foolproof!

Tom

I’ll have to check them out. Thanks

dlc95
04-03-2018, 10:02 PM
You've got a pretty good set up.

Like TMQ, I use the Rupes system a lot. I get a lot of value out of it for the performance it delivers. I use this when I'm doing more high end, enthusiast vehicles.

But I still like using my Meguiar's a lot. Because I need larger quantities I use the Mirror Glaze M100, M205, M66, and M21, but when I get a chance I use Ultimate.

Because Ultimate Polish is based on M205, you can tweak the gloss from it by short cycling, playing with tool speed, and pressure.

But, if you're just wanting to explore, than that is a different story. In that case you might want to branch out. Menzerna was the first place I looked after years of being with Meguiar's. I went with 400 Compound, 2500 medium polish, and 3500 fine polish. Very high quality abrasives on those polishes. I pair the Menzerna abrasives with Duragloss 501 and 101 (which are cleaner/sealants), and 111 (pure sealant).

But I think what you have is solid, and in equal standing with anything else available - provided you don't need quantities, or body shop safe products.

dlc95
04-03-2018, 10:03 PM

Foolproof!

Tom

So does Meguiar's.

Maxreed241
04-03-2018, 10:16 PM
You've got a pretty good set up.

Like TMQ, I use the Rupes system a lot. I get a lot of value out of it for the performance it delivers. I use this when I'm doing more high end, enthusiast vehicles.

But I still like using my Meguiar's a lot. Because I need larger quantities I use the Mirror Glaze M100, M205, M66, and M21, but when I get a chance I use Ultimate.

Because Ultimate Polish is based on M205, you can tweak the gloss from it by short cycling, playing with tool speed, and pressure.

But, if you're just wanting to explore, than that is a different story. In that case you might want to branch out. Menzerna was the first place I looked after years of being with Meguiar's. I went with 400 Compound, 2500 medium polish, and 3500 fine polish. Very high quality abrasives on those polishes. I pair the Menzerna abrasives with Duragloss 501 and 101 (which are cleaner/sealants), and 111 (pure sealant).

But I think what you have is solid, and in equal standing with anything else available - provided you don't need quantities, or body shop safe products.

Thanks so much for all this info. Greatly appreciated. I’ve always been a fan of Meguiar’s. In my opinion they have excellent products at a fair price. I would like to start trying out their mirror glaze line of products eventually when I run out of my other compounds and polishes.

2black1s
04-04-2018, 02:26 AM
I just finished a 15 hour three-step on the cab of my black Chevy truck today. Gonna do the bed within the next few days.

M105/M205/M21 with Meguiar's Soft Buff 5" Burgandy Cutting Pad, Yellow Polishing Pad, and Black/Grey Finishing Pad respectively.

Couldn't be happier with the results.

Mike@ShineStruck
04-04-2018, 08:20 AM
Yeah don't need a 3 step..but.

Either Gyeon compound or TLC
Gyeon polish
Americana Jeweling polish

fightnews
04-04-2018, 08:27 AM

Tom

Do u use the ultrafine polish? Rupees is a 4 step system correct?