PDA

View Full Version : Change pad or different Polish

Dynoguy
04-03-2018, 09:04 AM
I am trying to get rid of some swirl marks on my Colorado Pickup I have tried a white Buff and Shine pad with some Poorboys SR-1 and it took some of them off but there are still some left, should I try an Orange Buff and Shine pad with SR-1 or should I try SR-2 or Meguiars Compound ?

JCDetails
04-03-2018, 09:27 AM
according to the autopia chart SSR-1 is about a 1/12 in cut. If you had to put a percentage to it what did you remove with SSR-1 and the white pad? And what series of buff and shine pads are you talking?

SSR-2 is a 4/10 in cut so I would probably go to that vs going to a stiffer pad. In my experience, a stiff pad with a low cut product has more potential to leave hazing than a heavier cutting product on the same pad.

Dynoguy
04-03-2018, 09:35 AM
I have the regular Buff and Shine Pads I believe the white is a polish pad, I would say that process took about a 1/4 of the swirl marks away as I was only doing a test spot . I will try what you recommend then I will get back to you.

JCDetails
04-03-2018, 09:39 AM
I have the regular Buff and Shine Pads I believe the white is a polish pad, I would say that process took about a 1/4 of the swirl marks away as I was only doing a test spot . I will try what you recommend then I will get back to you.

if SSR-2 and the white pad don't work, I'd then go to SSR-2 and orange. What meguiars compound do you have?

Dynoguy
04-03-2018, 09:41 AM
The Ultimate Compound

JCDetails
04-03-2018, 09:43 AM
I'd definitely try SSR-2 and orange before going to ultimate compound. UC finishes out pretty well but may be more aggressive than necessary in this case.

TTQ B4U
04-03-2018, 09:47 AM
Depending on the damage, it's likely just Meg's Ultimate Polish/M205 on an orange pad will be all you need. Should finish out fine. Compound will work but will leave a slight haze that will need polished.