PDA

View Full Version : Wax or sealant for daughter

Pages : [1] 2 3

WEST SIDE
04-02-2018, 11:43 PM
I want to send my 20+ year old daughter some kind of wax/sealant to use. She's not detail oriented but will at least use what I send her.
I recently gifted her a interior/exterior detail, not sure what it looks like but she said it looks really good.
It's gotta be user friendly, thinking of collinite 845 iw or ???
She's in central coast CA so no real cold weather.
light blue/silver SUV.

Thanks for any suggestions

Eldorado2k
04-03-2018, 12:10 AM
Meguiars Ultimate Wash & Wax Anywhere spray bottle.

Anything else will feel rough upon removal unless the paint is clayed, and therefore won’t be a nice user experience.

VISITOR
04-03-2018, 12:19 AM
i would send her an AIO instead of a dedicated wax/sealant. it will not only help clean the paint (since it's not being kept up on a regular basis), but add some protection as well. also, possibly send her some qd/spray wax to help maintain it...

Eldorado2k
04-03-2018, 12:38 AM
Her car just got detailed.

JCDetails
04-03-2018, 10:43 AM
Send her a bottle of Optimum Car Wax and a few MF towels. That's what I'll be doing for my family members that need no-brainer car care help.

DaveT435
04-03-2018, 10:47 AM
I would agree with a spray wax. Quick and easy. If she gets 845 on too thick it'll ruin her day...

boomdone
04-03-2018, 11:46 AM
I would agree with a spray wax. Quick and easy. If she gets 845 on too thick it'll ruin her day...

My recommendation would be a spray wax as well for ease of use. So many great options. Optimum Car Was (as mentioned above) would be a great choice. I'd also suggest Mckees Fast Wax, DG Aquawax or Sonax High Speed Wax. For something that's easy to use and will last a little longer I'd suggest Optimum Opti-Seal or one of my personal favorites WG Deep Gloss Liquid Seal.

LEDetailing
04-03-2018, 01:04 PM
Send her a bottle of Optimum Car Wax and a few MF towels. That's what I'll be doing for my family members that need no-brainer car care help.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Spray waxes are just too easy and quick.

Kamakaz1961
04-03-2018, 01:15 PM
Any sealant should be fine. IMO it is the easiest way to apply and let it dry and wipe off. Blackfire, Megs, Pinnacle, Wolfgang's, Mckee's or any well known brand. Spray waxes do not last long. Even though it is the simplest way to apply wax, she will be applying the spray wax on a more frequent basis. Since she is not detail orientated and MORE than likely, NOT wash and detail the ride very often (no offense, but my guess) the spray wax would not be the way I would go (IMO).

Collinite waxes are good, however, you must be careful on making sure you apply the product on THIN otherwise it is very difficult to remove (1st hand experience). Since you said your daughter is not detail orientated, Collinite IMO is not the way to go.

With a sealant you let her know that she would have to apply it 1 time and have at least 3 to possibly 6 months of coverage.

If she does not want to do that then the spray waxes or spray sealants would be the next way. Gyeon Wet Coat or Car-Pro (I can't remember their spray on sealant) would be the way I would go.

I hope this gives you more ideas and racks your brain even more.....LOL

DBAILEY
04-03-2018, 01:16 PM
I got my daughter a bottle Optiseal for ease of use. Megs Fast Finish is even easier.

WEST SIDE
04-03-2018, 02:22 PM
All great suggestions.
Ok so no 845 iw. I like it but she'll definitely put it on too thick.
I would love her to use a sealnt like WGDGPS 3.0 but not sure if that's the right call?
So maybe back to spray waxes or spray sealants like opti-seal or similar.

Decisions,decisions!

briarpatch
04-03-2018, 02:53 PM
Send her a bottle of McKees PoliCoat Wax...best of both worlds (sealant + wax)...super easy to use....awesome protection

dlc95
04-03-2018, 03:58 PM
Heck, even Ultimate Quik Wax would work.

acuRAS82
04-03-2018, 04:05 PM
+1 for McKee’s (Trademark) Poli-Coat... or even High Def Paint Sealant (but will have some cure time).

Tempest45
04-03-2018, 05:09 PM
Optiseal and /or Optimum car wax. Both easy to use with little smell and difficult to mess up.

Doesn't get easier than optiseal.