PDA

View Full Version : What product should I get?

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-02-2018, 04:37 PM
I bought some Simple Green as it was recommended to me but searching the forums on here it seems not the best option?

So I just waned to double check. I'm looking for a APC/Degreaser I can get OTC Canada for cleaning my door jambs and rubber mats.

howardm4
04-02-2018, 04:44 PM
+1 Optimum PowerClean. This stuff impresses me more and more w/ it's versatility and power. Dilute 3:1

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-02-2018, 05:30 PM
+1 Optimum PowerClean. This stuff impresses me more and more w/ it's versatility and power. Dilute 3:1

Yeah but it's not OTC thing and I already got everything else so I can't really just order one thing.

custmsprty
04-02-2018, 05:40 PM
I personally wouldn't use an apc to clean my door jams. Simple green is fine for your floor mats if they are all rubber.

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-02-2018, 06:21 PM
I personally wouldn't use an apc to clean my door jams.

What would you use instead?

custmsprty
04-02-2018, 06:33 PM
What would you use instead?

I use a waterless wash or a detail spray, depending on how dirty the jams are.

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-02-2018, 06:35 PM

See, I planned on using water less wash but looking at videos they spray degreaser/apc on and brush it around a bit then spray it down.

You think I could still use my water less wash in the same fashion or wouldn't be as effective?

howardm4
04-02-2018, 06:36 PM
if they haven't been maintained, then I think it's a judgement call but the hinges and pillars get pretty disgusting.

So I generally APC -> spray wax (Opti) or maybe a spritz of OptiSeal

TheMidnightNarwhal
04-02-2018, 06:38 PM
if they haven't been maintained, then I think it's a judgement call but the hinges and pillars get pretty disgusting.

Oh yeah they're cruddy as hell.

But I just wanted to make sure Simple Green wouldn't damage anything.

PaulMys
04-02-2018, 07:25 PM

I agree with custmsprty.

However, I am sure he was giving his recommendation based on how we all try to keep up with a clean car/truck.

If your jambs have been neglected to the point where they are "Cruddy as hell" as you say, then an APC might be the way to go.