PDA

View Full Version : Carpro essence plus pad selection

boostedmoose003
04-01-2018, 01:11 PM
Once the weather breaks I am looking into using some Carpro essence plus to help with some marring on my Gyeon Mohs coated vehicle that came from winter washes. What pad is everyone using with this? My searching skills have been subpar on this one.

TTQ B4U
04-01-2018, 01:13 PM
CarPro Gloss Pads. They recommend them and that's what I've used. Personally, however, I did not like the product.

Eldorado2k
04-01-2018, 01:15 PM
CarPro Gloss Pads. They recommend them and that's what I've used. Personally, however, I did not like the product.

What didn’t you like about it?

Do you like the regular Essence?

MrRoo
04-01-2018, 04:04 PM
I love Essence and Plus. It’s a learning curve to use it compared to regular polish’s and sealers. A small amount goes a long way. I use Lake country HDO Reds and Black finishing pads with it. Excellent results!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TTQ B4U
04-01-2018, 06:24 PM
What didn’t you like about it?

Do you like the regular Essence?I love regular essence but didn't see the improvements on a lightly marred surface when using essence plus. Was easier to just lightly polish the surface and simply re-coat it

Sent from my Galaxy Note 8 using Tapatalk

MikeC78
04-01-2018, 07:18 PM
I'm not sure about everyone else's experience with Essence Plus and their Gloss Pads, but in my experience it hasn't been positive. I find Essence Plus to work much better with a bit firmer pad. The Gloss pads was the biggest waste of time and money in my experience.

Eldorado2k
04-01-2018, 07:25 PM
I too was expecting the Gloss Pads to be alot better after how great the description makes them sound. It’s a good thing I only bought 2. IMO Lake Country Flat Foam Finishing Pads are far better. That says alot..

MrRoo
04-01-2018, 08:24 PM
It think with both essence and plus, it’s a matter of using the right pads. I tried some Rupes pads with both and didn’t like the results. Switched to my go to lake country’s and worked great. Remember, plus has zero cutting ability. But on the right pad it can fix marring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeC78
04-01-2018, 08:25 PM
I too was expecting the Gloss Pads to be alot better after how great the description makes them sound. It’s a good thing I only bought 2. IMO Lake Country Flat Foam Finishing Pads are far better. That says alot..

Yes. I used the LC white flat pads with much better results. Quite sad. Tried multiple times and all the same result. Waste of time...

kevincwelch
04-02-2018, 08:03 AM
I was initially impressed and happy with Essence Plus. I was using the carpro gloss pads as well for doing the bulk of the work. However, after a few days - certainly within a week - I noticed the light swirls to have returned. I tried it on a few other occasions, and I got the same results. Now, it's possible that the swirls were simply too significant to be tackled by Essence Plus. Some have argued that a different pad should be used, but I get concerned about using firmer pads and having to contend with the pad's intrinsic ability to abrade the surface as well. With a coating, you're talking about something that is submicron in thickness. Any abrasion could remove a good portion of the coating. Therefore, I simply stopped using Essence Plus. In those areas, I've either waited it out or simply polished and recoated like others have stated.

(Sent via my mobile device...)