PDA

View Full Version : BLACK 2008 Audi R8 - Full Paint Correction!

Canadian Rider
03-31-2018, 09:06 AM
Finally got my dream car, this beautiful 2008 black Audi R8 as we guys have seen, but this car has never seen any real care when it comes to its paint, it was heavily scratched and swirled and full of defects. I wanted to bring this battered decade old 2008 Audi R8 back to life with a full paint correctionI did a full wash and claybar, then hit it up with a orange cutting pad and compound, then a white polishing pad with a refining polish. This is going to get the car ready for a full paint protection film install and then a ceramic coating which will be coming soon!

Looks like it just came off the showroom floor!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WVktPz5h7w

Sizzle Chest
03-31-2018, 12:48 PM
Wow! That thing was hammered! Well done and congrats on your dream car!! (in one part of the video I see blue paint?)

Canadian Rider
04-02-2018, 07:13 AM
Wow! That thing was hammered! Well done and congrats on your dream car!! (in one part of the video I see blue paint?)Thanks man, yea the paint was never really cared for but now she is like brand new again :) it's definitely Phantom black but possibly color correction caused that hint of blue !

Next step is the paint protection film !

Sent from my SM-N950W using Tapatalk

Sicoupe
04-02-2018, 07:39 AM
Nice work buddy!

LEDetailing
04-02-2018, 08:08 AM
I remember when I saw the first photos/articles on the R8. I loved the design the second I saw it.

Congrats on a great looking dream car. It looks great now that it is properly polished.