PDA

View Full Version : What do you use to clean off pollen?

RandyD
03-30-2018, 04:22 PM
Do you use a waterless wash? a quick detailer? Can pollen scratch the car whereby you would need a full wash to remove?

custmsprty
03-30-2018, 04:38 PM
I do a full foam wash with 2 bucket method.

C5Longhorn
03-30-2018, 06:22 PM
I wash the car using traditional 2 bucket method.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

TMQ
03-30-2018, 09:18 PM
If car isn't dirty then hose it down with water...

That should take care of the pollen.

Tom

Cabrio
03-31-2018, 10:53 AM
Do you use a waterless wash? a quick detailer? Can pollen scratch the car whereby you would need a full wash to remove?

I’ve never had an issue removing pollen using a waterless wash and three of my cars are black. I now pretty much only do rinseless washes but if you’re looking to use a waterless wash, you’re good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

fightnews
03-31-2018, 11:40 AM
You are better off waiting if you have a black car if not you could lightly use a California Duster

FUNX650
03-31-2018, 12:22 PM
•To answer the thread-starter question:
-The easiest solution I’ve found
is to spray-wash the vehicles.

Can pollen scratch the car
whereby you would need a full
wash to remove?
Yes, pollen can scratch vehicles’
surfaces; the methods used in its
removal quite often depends on the
severity of a person’s OCD affliction.

Bob

custmsprty
03-31-2018, 05:32 PM
Pollen under an electron microscope.

gdvan01
04-18-2018, 05:21 PM
Glad I found this, being in central VA this time of year is a pollen nightmare.

I don't have a closed-in area to do my detailing after washing but I do have the availability of a parking garage at work. This is a very open and breezy garage but at least covered.

Holidays/weekends there's open space a-kimbo, artificial and natural light along with power (shhhh...).

Not to be Capt. Obvious but I suppose I need to be constantly wiping prior to any polishing passes or should I forsake any polishing unless in an enclosed area or is that just too paranoid?

Oy vey...

rangerbay
04-18-2018, 08:14 PM
Pollen can scratch. I use a pressure washer first, then a highly lubricant soap with the GD method. Lots of wash mitts, lots of water, and water pressure to lift the pollen instead of dragging it over the paint surface.

Here in southern Alabama, we live with pollen, gnats, and love bugs. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is!

PaulMys
04-18-2018, 08:34 PM
Pollen can scratch. I use a pressure washer first, then a highly lubricant soap with the GD method. Lots of wash mitts, lots of water, and water pressure to lift the pollen instead of dragging it over the paint surface.

Here in southern Alabama, we live with pollen, gnats, and love bugs. Kinda sucks, but it is what it is!

At least you don't freeze 6 months a year, ranger. Lol