PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Wax vs. High Temp Paste Wax for Wheels

damonb10
03-30-2018, 02:58 PM
I have been using "Wheel Wax" for my wheels for many years.
Wheel Wax (https://www.autogeek.net/wheelwax.html)

I recently purchased Finish Kare High Temp Paste Wax.
Finish Kare 1000P Hi-Temp Paste Wax, high melt polymer car wax, Finish care auto wax (https://www.autogeek.net/finish-kare-1000p-wax.html)

I was wondering if anyone could comment on your experience with using High Temp Paste Wax on wheels and how it performed. I've had good luck with Wheel Wax, but was willing to try something new. I have a few other waxes / sealants, but I think the two I listed here are the best choices that I have for wheels.

Thanks!

Damon

acuRAS82
03-30-2018, 03:32 PM
What was your average durability with wheel wax? I’ll be interested in hearing about fk1000p durability from others. Sorry I’m not of help to your specific question. I’ve started using Hydro Blue which is super easy but can’t comment yet on durability (besides it’s been on for a month now and still doing its thing).

FUNX650
03-30-2018, 06:04 PM
I was wondering if anyone could comment
on your experience with using High Temp
Paste Wax on wheels and how it performed.

•IMO:
FK1000P—as a wheel Sealant—is deserved
of all the same accolades that it receives as
an automotive-paint Sealant.

I have a few other waxes / sealants,
but I think the two I listed here are
the best choices for wheels.

•Along with Wheel Wax and FK 1000P...
-I’ll include Poorboy’s World Wheel Sealant
in the “Best Choices for Wheels” category. :xyxthumbs:

Bob

damonb10
03-31-2018, 01:59 PM
What was your average durability with wheel wax? I’ll be interested in hearing about fk1000p durability from others. Sorry I’m not of help to your specific question. I’ve started using Hydro Blue which is super easy but can’t comment yet on durability (besides it’s been on for a month now and still doing its thing).

I'm not entirely sure the longevity I was getting with Wheel Wax. I typically would apply it minimum of twice per year and often times a 3rd time mid-summer. I figured fk1000p could be good for wheels due to its high temp characteristics.