PDA

View Full Version : Old timer from Ohio

Rambro
03-29-2018, 03:27 PM
Old timer from Ohio

Hi all:

I have been hanging out here for a few months and just wanted to say there is a lot of great information here. I have been detailing my own vehicles and family for over 40 years and I have seen a lot of improvements in products over the years from rain dance and turtle wax in the 70s.

I just retired and and Have started a detailing business from home I have been using menzerna and Zaino products for over 10 years and a pc 7424 and lc pads for years with great results i am now trying some different products from reading these forums (klasse twins, Wolfgang deep gloss sealant, car pro perl, hd speed, sonis,) I used to use malms carnuba in the 80s and 90s but haven't heard anything about them on here, does anyone still use it?

Again thanks for all the great information and hope I can add to some of the discussions.

:)

DaveT435
03-29-2018, 04:27 PM
Welcome to AG. There has definitely been a lot of changes, especially in the last 10 years. That's the only bad thing about this forum, I end up buying so many products I end up giving some away without even trying them lol

Mike Phillips
03-29-2018, 04:31 PM
I used to use malms carnuba in the 80s and 90s but haven't heard anything about them on here, does anyone still use it?

I've seen the product in my life, probably back up in Oregon, Washington and Idaho is detail shops is where I remember.

Never used it though...

Welcome to AGO!

:welcome:

Kamakaz1961
03-29-2018, 04:51 PM
Welcome to AGO! IMO there has been a lot of changes and improvement in products just in the last year alone. It appears MOST well known brands have to keep up with the Jone's to make sure detailers buy their products as their is a big loyalty to thse brands that have been "proven" in the real detailing trenches. You will learn a lot from here and again, welcome!

FUNX650
03-29-2018, 06:39 PM
Old timer from Ohio

•From another Old-timer in Ohio:
:welcome: ...to AGO.

I used to use malms carnuba
in the 80s and 90s...

•Malms?
-Being an Ohioan...seems like it would
have been Malco Products, HQ’ed over
in Barberton, instead. :dunno:

-Anyway, I’ve seen Malms ‘round about...
just never discussed at any length on this
forum. {Note: Car-care products’ discussions
on this forum are focused on/centered around
the products that are sold at the AGO Store.}

Bob

BudgetPlan1
03-30-2018, 05:46 AM
Greetings from NE Ohio...