PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use 10'x10' tent in rain?

mikehookipa
03-28-2018, 10:13 PM
Hey guys

Anybody use 10'x10' tent in rain? I know it doesn't cover the full length of the car but does it help? I have a mobile detailing business and not sure if this will help us reduce reschedules. Right now, when it rains we have no choice but to reschedule.

sudsmobile
03-28-2018, 11:18 PM
We use a 10'x15'. It rained on me last week and I set it up and did an interior detail using the 10' as the width because I didn't have room to turn it the other way. It protected the entire vehicle front to back but my legs got a tad bit wet. Not too bad and it allowed me to complete the job and get paid. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing exteriors with a 10'x10'.

Calendyr
03-29-2018, 12:46 AM
Because I work alone I have still not purchased a canopy. My guess is that it will take a long long time to set up and store away doing it alone. I am planning on hiring someone to help me this summer. If I do, I will very likelly purchase one.

I don't know if I would detail in the rain even under a tent. I think their main use would be to protect from the sun. If it rains, wind can blow the rain on you from the sides, and when you are done, it will ruin your work when you remove the tent before the owner can get any enjoyment from your hard work. So I would still re-schedule if rain is expected.

fightnews
03-29-2018, 05:47 AM
We use a 10'x15'. It rained on me last week and I set it up and did an interior detail using the 10' as the width because I didn't have room to turn it the other way. It protected the entire vehicle front to back but my legs got a tad bit wet. Not too bad and it allowed me to complete the job and get paid. I'm not sure I'd be comfortable doing exteriors with a 10'x10'.

Do you set it up by yourself

sudsmobile
03-29-2018, 10:09 AM
Do you set it up by yourself

I do. It's very easy, takes me about 5-10 minutes. Taking it down is even a little quicker.