PDA

View Full Version : Rupes Big Foot 15 not turning on

ared1roc
03-28-2018, 06:08 PM
I have a Rupes Big Foot that it about 1.5 years old and last night I went to use it and after plugging it in it would not start. Does anyone have any ideas? I tried a couple of different outlets and still nothing. It has not been dropped or anything like that. I believe that there is only a one year warranty on these polishers so if it needs service any ideas where I could take it in the Central Florida area? Thanks in advance for any assistance.

DaveT435
03-28-2018, 07:26 PM
Make sure the brushes are tight. When you store it do you make sure nothing is pushing against the cord where it goes into the machine??

ared1roc
03-28-2018, 07:43 PM
great info Dave. I had no idea that the brushes would loosen. I don't use it more than about 1x a month. I will pull it apart and make sure they are tight. The cord seems tight as well.

DaveT435
03-28-2018, 08:33 PM
great info Dave. I had no idea that the brushes would loosen. I don't use it more than about 1x a month. I will pull it apart and make sure they are tight. The cord seems tight as well.

I had the same issue with my G21 and the screws that held the brushes in had loosened. I've had problems with power cords, that was more a problem with that particular machine and not anything I had done. Since having that problem I'm always real cautious when storing my machines.

ared1roc
03-28-2018, 09:35 PM
Frustrating, especially because I never had that problem with the significantly cheaper Porter Cable machine. I will pull it apart tomorrow and see what I find.