PDA

View Full Version : Critique my car care list for a NEW car

earl grey
02-01-2008, 08:39 PM
Ok this is what I have so far.

Klasse Kit (http://www.autogeek.net/klassekit.html)
Bone sponge by Cobra (http://www.autogeek.net/the-bone.html)
Cobra Guzzler HD (http://autogeek.net/cobra-guzzler-hd-towel.html)

I need some good car shampoo as well as wheel cleaner. Can you recommend some? Also what else should I get? This is for a black car. Thanks.

lethalxls1
02-01-2008, 11:25 PM
I reccomend 2 large 5 gallon buckets, a grit gaurd, Cobra edgeless microfibre towels, Pinnacle bodywork shampoo. Good luck! and WELCOME to AG!!!!!!

wytstang
02-02-2008, 12:58 AM
I would get what lethalls1 said but would opt for Optimum shampoo instead. Not because Pin isn't good cause it is, it's just hard for new folks to pay that much for car soap. The bone sponge may be a bit on the large side (makes use a bit funny from what I've read) look at the sheep skin wool mitts. If you are new to proper detailing and have zero experience with Klasse High Gloss Sealant Glaze you may want to skip that (still get Klasse All-In-One to clean the paint) and chose Wolfgang's Deep Gloss sealant instead. Klassa Sealant can be very picky and for a novice may not be the best choice, WG Deep gloss sealant on the other hand is awesome looking and very easy to use (I stress the word easy). Good luck

mixxer
02-02-2008, 08:33 AM
black car hmm i know alittle about them ! trust me on this get a foam gun and some dp extreme soap and pre soak car then spray remaining soap in a bucket to wash and have a 2nd bucket to rinse. This method will decrease your need for swirl removal 10 fold. Never QD a dirty car but buy some to do a final wipe down after washing car.

distrbd
02-02-2008, 09:17 AM
All the above,and please get a bottle of Duragloss Aquawax,it's not too much money but it's a must Have IMO.

ScottB
02-02-2008, 10:51 AM
I rather like the new Megs #135 Synthetic Spray on black, especially instead of Duragloss Aquawax.

earl grey
02-03-2008, 02:36 PM
Lol so many different opinions! I used to detail my old car alot back in 99-2000 but it was with waxes and not sealants. Ive never messed with a sealant before but it seems like the way to go on a brand new car. Id like to order something today so I can do it next weekend though so I should make up my mind soon!

earl grey
02-03-2008, 04:06 PM
Also what do you guys recommend for tire shine?

makdaddy626
02-03-2008, 04:08 PM
Also what do you guys recommend for tire shine?

Surf City Beyond Black is my favorite but it's really a matter of personal preference. Do you like something really glossy? or matte (303 works good for that). SC Beyond Black does what it says in my opinion... give the tires a nice deep black look without a lot of "gloss"

earl grey
02-03-2008, 04:53 PM
Yes thats exactly what im looking for. Nothing thats overtly HAI IM SHINY. Good.

This is my close to final list done in order of use.
Wolfang Tire & Wheel Cleaner
Wolfgang Auto Bathe
Cobra Blue Micro-Chenille Wash Mitt
Cobra Guzzler HD Waffle Weave Drying Towel
Surf City Garage Beyond Black Tire Pro
Cobra Flex Foam Tire Detailing Bundle
Klasse Kit

Am I missing anything stepwise?

lethalxls1
02-03-2008, 07:15 PM
I would include a 6 pack of Cobra Edgeless microfiber towels for removing polish etc. I was being cheap when I started really taking care of my car the right way and buying the wal mart micro fiber towels and then I thought -" I am spending all this money to prevent swirls and take car of my paint the right way and then using cheap towels-this doesnt make sense" I then bought a 6 pack of the edgeless Cobra mf towels and immediately bought a bunch more. Not only do they not have a sewn edge on them(whuch causes swirls esp. on black) but the way they are weaved makes removing polish and wax a breeze. A great investment in the battle against swirls. Good luck!

lethalxls1
02-03-2008, 07:18 PM
black car hmm i know alittle about them ! trust me on this get a foam gun and some dp extreme soap and pre soak car then spray remaining soap in a bucket to wash and have a 2nd bucket to rinse. This method will decrease your need for swirl removal 10 fold. Never QD a dirty car but buy some to do a final wipe down after washing car.

I agree ^ if you can (now or later) get a foam gun. I have a black car also and it really helps prevent swirls.:cheers:

earl grey
02-03-2008, 07:33 PM
What does QD mean?

rwisejr
02-03-2008, 08:13 PM
What does QD mean?

Quick Detailer

MadOzodi
02-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I'd say you should still get some clay and clay lubricant. Even new cars might have some rail dust, etc. I know I clayed my new car after driving it for about 3 months and picked up a ton of stuff.