PDA

View Full Version : Ipa

Lumorales1975
03-28-2018, 03:25 PM
What’s the best dilution to make IPA to clean panels and what the best percentage isopropyl alcohol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FUNX650
03-28-2018, 03:30 PM
IMO:
This is a real good...NO...a really
Great resource:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2009-to-2017-how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html?highlight=IPA+Dilution+ratio+mike+phi llips

Bob

Lumorales1975
03-28-2018, 04:15 PM
IMO:
This is a real good...NO...a really
Great resource:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2009-to-2017-how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html?highlight=IPA+Dilution+ratio+mike+phi llips

Bob

Thanks for the info I appreciate it

Calendyr
03-29-2018, 01:30 AM
Just a quick comment.

I have used Mike's technique to mix IPA since I started detailing. The only difference is that I use ONR instead of plain water to do the mix. The ONR provides lubricity and help prevent scratching of the surface as you clean it. Try as small batch and see it you like it better than just regular IPA.

MrRoo
03-29-2018, 08:23 AM
I've personally started to go away from IPA mix. Once you start to use Carpro eraser you'll see why. Love the stuff. Also with ceramic coatings, some require a "primer" coating for best adhesion. With a primer coating, you are not doing a IPA wipe down or using Eraser prior to ceramic coating. If I do use IPA mix, I have a barrel of 99% IPA and mix at 50/50 with RO or de ionized water.

Lumorales1975
03-29-2018, 08:32 AM
I've personally started to go away from IPA mix. Once you start to use Carpro eraser you'll see why. Love the stuff. Also with ceramic coatings, some require a "primer" coating for best adhesion. With a primer coating, you are not doing a IPA wipe down or using Eraser prior to ceramic coating. If I do use IPA mix, I have a barrel of 99% IPA and mix at 50/50 with RO or de ionized water.

Thanks for the information I appreciate it