PDA

View Full Version : Need Tire Shine Recommendations

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

rcg703
03-27-2018, 09:13 AM
Hey guys, I'm looking for some recommendations on tire shine. I'm currently using Griot's Black Shine tire gel, but find it's too thick for the aggressive sidewall on my truck tires. It's a pain to spread and sometimes gets gunked up. Since I hate slinging with a passion, I have to go back over each tire multiple times to get it even and yes, I put on a thin layer. I think I need to go back to water based tire shine to make this process easier. I've used Tuff Shine before, but hate that $25+ price tag and one of my favorites, Turtle wax Jet Black Endura-shine tire coat isn't sold anymore. What other products are easy to apply and have similar results?

sixsix
03-27-2018, 09:17 AM
For an aggressive sidewall, an aerosol might work out better. I hear good things about the mothers speed shine.

C5Longhorn
03-27-2018, 09:24 AM
I think a good water based product with an applicator would work well on big tires. I'm going to try Duragloss 253 since I like Zaino Z16. I'd also consider Meg's Hyperdressing or Carpro Perl.

Rick

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Pats300zx
03-27-2018, 09:26 AM
If you are thinking of going back to a water based dressing then I highly recommend Megs Hyper Dressing. The ability to adjust the dilution ration means you can use it on tires, wheel wheels, engine bays, and interiors. It's such a versatile product.

FUNX650
03-27-2018, 09:27 AM
I think I need to go back to
water based tire shine...
Optimum Opti-Bond

Bob

rcg703
03-27-2018, 09:28 AM
For an aggressive sidewall, an aerosol might work out better. I hear good things about the mothers speed shine.

With an aerosol, I'm leery of getting overspray on my rims. They're 33" tires so it may use a lot of product as well.

howardm4
03-27-2018, 09:32 AM
Take a look at GTechniq T1 or 303 Tire Balm. Both are less viscous than Opti. I really like the satin sheen from the 303 and it's on sale right now on AG for ½ price. Definitely recommended at the price.

rcg703
03-27-2018, 09:33 AM
Does the Hyper Dressing come in anything less than a gallon? I'll also look at Opti-Bond and the Duragloss.

Eldorado2k
03-27-2018, 09:35 AM
How do you feel about tire foam? Some people like it, while others seem to hate it [IMO for no good reason]

It applies neat + doesn’t sling.

howardm4
03-27-2018, 09:37 AM
Does the Hyper Dressing come in anything less than a gallon? I'll also look at Opti-Bond and the Duragloss.

You can also cut Opti 1:1 w/ water and spray it.

rcg703
03-27-2018, 09:40 AM
How do you feel about tire foam? Some people like it, while others seem to hate it [IMO for no good reason]

It applies neat + doesn’t sling.

I'm not really a fan of anything you have to spray, unless I had regular aluminum wheels or something. On larger aftermarket wheels, I feel like I spend too much time going back to wipe off overspray.

The Guz
03-27-2018, 09:44 AM

No it does not. McKee's tire gel, Gyeon Tire Coat (if you like the matte finish), Pinnacle Black Onyx. CarPro Perl are other good tire products. If you are looking for a tire coating then McKee's offers a good one. I am not sure on the price as I have not purchased it in some time.

SWETM
03-27-2018, 09:51 AM
I have carpro Perl and looking for an alternative to that. Like to alter and switch between products lol. So what I'm wondering to get and has almost decided to is Gyeon Tire. A sio2 based tire dressing that seems to be a satin finish which I like. And from what I have seen others has used it I think it's looks great and rather durable too. A little seems to go a long way too and easy to spread with an applicator and nock down with a mf towel to get a more non gloss look. Maybe something worth trying?

GYEON Q2M Tire - 400 ml (https://www.autogeek.net/gyeon-tire.html)

rcg703
03-27-2018, 10:07 AM
I like something more than a matte and just shy of a wet glossy look. I also think the less viscous the product, the better it will be to evenly spread on my tires.

Eldorado2k
03-27-2018, 10:19 AM
I'm not really a fan of anything you have to spray, unless I had regular aluminum wheels or something. On larger aftermarket wheels, I feel like I spend too much time going back to wipe off overspray.

Tire foam doesn’t behave like anything you typically spray. If you’ve ever used a foaming carpet cleaner just think of how it goes exactly where you want it to. It’s very neat.