PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for Upgrading Polisher

skyace888
03-26-2018, 11:30 PM
Hi Mike and everyone,

I currently own a Meguiar’s G110v2 with the DA microfiber polishing kit and some foam polishing pads and products. It’s served me mostly well to detail my car and some family and friend’s cars but I’m considering upgrading to a more capable machine that gets work done faster and hopefully has less vibration. Removing water spots is my top issue even though I use DI water for final rinse, have a Master Blaster, don’t wash in direct sun and use sealants (I think they are type 2 cause water spot remover never seems to help). It’s a pain at times but regardless I figure every few months at a minimum there’s some light polishing to be done.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to either the Flex 3401 or Meguiar’s MT300. Rupes seems ok but more proprietary/specialized. I’ve read through numerous reviews and watched videos but I’m not quite sure yet. Would appreciate any guidance on which one to choose as well as pad and product suggestions. I was unfortunately not able to attend the recent DetailFest event. Would love to actually try these prior to buying though if that’s possible. I live fairly close to AutoGeek.

Thanks in advance!

—Al

VISITOR
03-26-2018, 11:58 PM
the flex 3401 would be a great choice if pad stalling is an issue/concern since it's gear driven and will not stop.
OTOH, you can always dedicate your G110v2 to a smaller pad set-up and pick up a long throw polisher (G15/21) to compliment it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtpgZV9vL1A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8eIKCHq72A
https://www.griotsgarage.com/text/content/about-us/images/header_different_3.png
WE GUARANTEE IT
Griot's Garage was built on high expectations, which is why everything we sell is covered by a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee and Lifetime Guarantee against defect. We strive for perfection in everything we do so you always... Have fun in your garage!®

Ronin47
03-27-2018, 02:09 AM
Hi Mike and everyone,

I currently own a Meguiar’s G110v2 with the DA microfiber polishing kit and some foam polishing pads and products. It’s served me mostly well to detail my car and some family and friend’s cars but I’m considering upgrading to a more capable machine that gets work done faster and hopefully has less vibration. Removing water spots is my top issue even though I use DI water for final rinse, have a Master Blaster, don’t wash in direct sun and use sealants (I think they are type 2 cause water spot remover never seems to help). It’s a pain at times but regardless I figure every few months at a minimum there’s some light polishing to be done.

I think I’ve narrowed it down to either the Flex 3401 or Meguiar’s MT300. Rupes seems ok but more proprietary/specialized. I’ve read through numerous reviews and watched videos but I’m not quite sure yet. Would appreciate any guidance on which one to choose as well as pad and product suggestions. I was unfortunately not able to attend the recent DetailFest event. Would love to actually try these prior to buying though if that’s possible. I live fairly close to AutoGeek.

Thanks in advance!

—Al

Upgrade from G110 with less vibration? Get a Rupes Duetto, easiest, nicest tool to use and I use mine without a system.