PDA

View Full Version : Just detailed my car and then it rains 3hours later

Adde
07-10-2006, 12:05 AM
So I finnaly get a good day to detail the car using the polishin pal and washed, clayed, polished SSR2.5 and SSR1 and the finished up with liquid souveran, now this took about 8hours :cool: since it was all by hand I did get some swirls and some scratches up but sine my car is black and it was by hand I didnt expect much more then what I got, BUT it started to rain 3hours after i was done.

Now my question is do I have to do this again all over? :rolleyes:

Mike T
07-10-2006, 08:32 AM
No.

scooterguitar
07-10-2006, 08:43 AM
No. I love it when it rains after I do my car, that way I can see how my lsp is acting!

Surfer
07-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Liquid Souv is more of a sealent wax though right? I actualy would put on another coat since sealents should set for at least 12-24 hours. Rain might have compromised it.

ScottB
07-10-2006, 02:21 PM
liquid Souveran is not a sealant .... just a luquid carnauba with some polymer technology. consider is to be like carnuaba moose wax.

Surfer
07-10-2006, 02:30 PM
liquid Souveran is not a sealant .... just a luquid carnauba with some polymer technology. consider is to be like carnuaba moose wax.Yeh that's what I meant, the liquid waxes usually have a polymer base in it like a sealent. Gold chain man came to the rescue :D

Adde
07-10-2006, 09:44 PM
So im fine right? just need to wash the car and apply the crystal mist and im good to go ? thanks a lot for all the help!

bluzman
07-10-2006, 11:04 PM
I HATE it when that happens!! The weathermen around hear smoke crack!! The forcast is never right!! It goes from being sunny all week to chances of t-storms in one day!! AGGHHH!! It drives me crazy!! When I detailed my dads truck for fathers day, which was supposed to br nice by the way. I no soonser then pulled in his driveway when it started raining!!