PDA

View Full Version : Mohs question

tfrost92
03-25-2018, 09:32 AM
Is it normal for a vehicle to seem like a lint magnet 24 hours after 2 coats of Mohs. Just did a coat of cure as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Jeff at Gyeon
03-26-2018, 01:24 PM
Is it normal for a vehicle to seem like a lint magnet 24 hours after 2 coats of Mohs. Just did a coat of cure as well

I have not seen that yet personally. Let me run an email up to GYEON HQ and see if it has showed up anywhere else and what the cause may be.

zmcgovern45
03-26-2018, 02:12 PM
Just for clarification...

You said Lint magnet... meaning your towels are all of the sudden linting all over the car?

The reason I ask is because if perhaps you meant "dust" instead of "lint" then I would not consider that to be too uncommon. If/when you wipe down your car repeatedly you can build up a static charge on the surface which will certainly attract some dust, especially if the environment your car is parked in is subject to dust. Our shop always battled dust contamnation... I could write my name in the dust that had settled on a clean car overnight after correcting or coating it.

tfrost92
03-26-2018, 02:14 PM
Lint from towels and dust. And there was some static crackling when I wiped off melted frost on the hood this morning. It's been close to 48 hours since coating and 24 since cure. Might spray off the dust, dry it and see if it’s still staticky