PDA

View Full Version : Power Lock + Collenite 845 - Would a post wash spray wax be of benefit?

hawk45
03-23-2018, 01:39 PM
Hi all,
I'm new to taking care of my cars at 40 years old.. but hey, better late than never. Just got a new Tacoma and getting the learn on about good upkeep. I still have my black 99 Blazer as a run-around car, but the paint is pretty ugly. It's been garage kept for most of it's life, but very little maintenance other than the 2-3 washes a year if it's nice out.

Background being said, after doing research on here I think I'm going to do a full detail on my Blazer to try and bring it back and give me some practice before moving onto setting a good foundation on my Tacoma. I'm planning on doing a wash, decontamination spray, rinse, clay, polish, prep, seal, wax.

I've been known to WAY over think things. I'm going to use Jescar/Manzerna Power Lock as my sealant and then planned on putting a coat of Collenite 845 over the top for added protection. My question is for after doing my maintenance washes (probably once a week or every few), would it be worth while to put on a post wash spray & wipe wax in my drying process or post drying process?

Thanks,
Hawk

Nix
03-23-2018, 02:03 PM
I use D156 over other sealant.. after each wash apply D156 during drying process..If u dont want to invest in gallon size then get ultimate quick wax its same thing and available locally..

DBAILEY
03-23-2018, 02:22 PM
DG Aquawax would suit your needs well. I have used it over I845 dozens of times.

You can get a bottle of the DG Fast,Clean&Shine detail spray and a bottle of DG Aquawax and mix them 50/50. Makes for an even better drying aid than either on their own.

Neither is expensive and they both work great. I always felt that DG FCS had excellent cleaning power.

howardm4
03-23-2018, 04:43 PM
I have the same setup (Powerlock and Coll. 476) and *usually* finish off w/ ECH20 QD, Optiseal (drying) or Opti Car Wax spray

FUNX650
03-23-2018, 08:11 PM
...after doing my maintenance washes
(probably once a week or every few),

would it be worth while to put on a
post wash spray & wipe wax in my
drying process or post drying process?

•Many do feel it’s worthwhile to use
spray & mist products as part of both
the during and the after drying processes.

•IMO:
-Finish Kare 425 Extra Slick Final
Body Shine is readily adaptable to
either of the above “drying situations”.

-Meguiars D156 Synthetic X-press
Spray Wax is also a good fit.

Bob

KirkH
03-23-2018, 08:36 PM
Spray wax works great as a drying aid to lubricate the surface against scratching with the drying towel. I like the smell of Mothers California Gold.

georgeallen1
03-24-2018, 06:20 PM
Absolutely. I use D156 weekly as my drying aid, have just power lock applied.

WillSports3
03-24-2018, 08:15 PM
The spray wax would be more for drying aid to prevent any drying marring more than anything else. Mind you, doing the double topping means anytime you need to re-apply power lock, you're gonna have to re-polish to get any trace elements off and give it clean paint to bond to.