PDA

View Full Version : removing paint splash up

Pitch Black
01-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Well here in Nashville on Tuesday we had a bad storm including high winds. I was driving home after dark and came to area on the interstate where 2 lanes were covered with trash. I switched lanes as quick as I could but some object rolled over into the third lane.

Anyhow, I discovered last night that my TSX has tan paint on both right side tires, a wheel, and some is on the body. :eek: Has anyone had to remove paint splash up from these areas? I'm thinking claying the body and using Zaino Fusion should get the paint off the body. However, I have never removed foreign paint from the body of a car. I have no ideas as to how to get it off the side walls of the tires.

Can anyone give me some advice? By the way I don't have a PC.

orngez
02-01-2008, 05:17 AM
at autozone or similar place they have goo gone for automobiles...should take it right off...

Meghan
02-01-2008, 06:24 AM
Goo Gone, Tarminator, Clay- I just got some of the white line road paint off the car with Clay. Was surprised how easily it came off.

Pitch Black
02-04-2008, 01:22 PM
I got the paint off but it sure did take some work. There was more on the car than I thought. :autowash: It came off the wheels really easily but the body was another story. I never did have time to try to find a way to get the paint off of the sidewalls. Got the car all shined up drove to work and made sure I looked back because it was about to start raining. The clay bar took the paint off. Does Goo Gone work on dried paint?

Thanks for the help.