PDA

View Full Version : New 2018 Accord Sport Still Night Pearl Paint

Shinoda
03-21-2018, 09:30 PM
Hello all,

I just bought a new Accord with the bright blue paint(Still Night Pearl) and I'd like to do a coating on it. What would recommend for someone who's never done a coating but has been detailing for many years? I have always enjoyed CarPro's products but it looks like Gyeon has some interested ones as well.

Appreciate the help!

Scott

JHL88
03-22-2018, 06:49 AM
I recommend Mckees37 or Gyeon Q2 One. Both are very easy to work with good results. Another option is Wolfgang Uber Ceramic, stupid easy but a little pricey compared to others.

Cruzscarwash
03-22-2018, 02:11 PM
for ease of use and gret protection and cost I don't think you will find anything to beat mckees coating

The Guz
03-22-2018, 03:28 PM
Hello all,

I just bought a new Accord with the bright blue paint(Still Night Pearl) and I'd like to do a coating on it. What would recommend for someone who's never done a coating but has been detailing for many years? I have always enjoyed CarPro's products but it looks like Gyeon has some interested ones as well.

Appreciate the help!

Scott

Congrats on the new car.

I have not used Gyeon One or McKee's. I have heard that Gyeon One is not as user friendly based on what I read from Budgetphan and Loach.

Gyeon Q² ONE - First Impressions & Gyeon Booster Testing (https://www.autopia.org/forums/detailing-product-reviews/188973-gyeon-impressions-gyeon-booster-testing.html?highlight=gyeon+one)

I would consider looking into Gyeon CanCoat as an entry level coating. Super easy to use. It may lack the long term durability but it performs quite well and is extremely hydrophobic. Pair it with Gyeon Cure every few weeks and it will last you quite a bit of time. I have been impressed with this combination on my mom's car. Right around 5-6 months and it is still doing a very good job even with the car sitting outside 24/7.

I forgot to mention that I did use Gyeon Primer Polish as my prep polish which is stated to aid in longevity.

A little goes a long way and you get multiple applications from a can. Which will go a long way with the size of your car.

Check out how easy it is to apply.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DI7AQ2l7l_g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKCC76DIKhE

Optimum Gloss Coat is user friendly as well. Lacks the long term protection based on my personal experience but it may last the Optimum claimed 2 years that I was not able to get.

Pinnacle Black Label is user friendly as well.

I found Cquartz TiO2/Classic more user friendly than UK. Both become easier to use after learning how it goes on and off.

That said if I was looking to start venturing into coatings I would look at Gyeon CanCoat regardless if it is said to only last 6-9 months.

One last thing don't forget to do a prep wipe of some sort using a product such as CarPro Eraser, Gyeon Prep, GTechniq Panel Wipe, Optimum Paint Prep.

Jaretr1
03-22-2018, 04:22 PM
I recently used the new Mckees 37 coating and so far I am very impressed. It seemed foolproof to use and the shine is awesome. Im really impressed. Its a lot less expensive than many waxes and sealants.

Shinoda
03-22-2018, 08:45 PM
Thanks, everyone, I appreciate the input.

Paul A.
03-22-2018, 09:18 PM
I'm gonna toss in another vote for McKee's 37 Paint Coating.