PDA

View Full Version : Finally!

Excessive Detail
07-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Finally, I just finished doing a full detail job on my car, I've been so busy, I haven't been able to use any of the stuff I ordered from AG and its been raining for the last week, but i got my chance this morning and I spent all day, It started to rain, but I took my chances and kept detailing and luckly it stopped and it looks like its gonna clear up, hopeful, if it rains tommorrow I'm going to cry, anyway, let me just say AG is the bomb, my edge pad kit and spot buff kit worked awesome, so did my foam gun, I love this thing, grit guard, and cobra MF bone and cobras guzzlers make drying a car fun. I also have to say I really like the xmt FG, I didn't think much of it at first, but I've been using it like crazy for the last month, I love the wet look it gives and the shine.
Anyway, here is what I did to my car:
Washed with NXT,clayed with dp, jeweled with IP and FP, polished the windows with dp glass restore and put some klasse on them too, glazed with xmt fg and sealed with klasse and Pinn. LS, put klasse on my wheels and megs hot shine on the tires, and did a final wipe down with megs. final inspection and Stoners IG. I wish I could have taken pics during the day, but I didn't finish till late, so here are some pics under my carport
I'm gonna take pics tommorow when lighting is better.

FloridaNative
07-10-2006, 09:37 AM
Awesome! Looks like a car shaped container of milk! :D

wytstang
07-10-2006, 11:54 AM
You didn't have any bonding issues with SG under the glaze?

Excessive Detail
07-11-2006, 12:02 AM
You didn't have any bonding issues with SG under the glaze?
Actually I put the glaze on first, then klasse, and then Liquid Sov. Iguess you could but the sg under the glaze, but it would take away some of the effects of the glaze.

BILL
07-11-2006, 07:32 AM
Actually I put the glaze on first, then klasse, and then Liquid Sov. Iguess you could but the sg under the glaze, but it would take away some of the effects of the glaze.

I WOULD SAY YES........IT WOULD TAKE AWAY........

Thats what i plan to do.

GLAZE
SOV PASTE..................as far as glaze over sealer?? bonding issues:(
i beleive.. Although weve been over this subject numerous times before, i keep forgetting the answer :o :o

scooterguitar
07-11-2006, 08:45 AM
Ain't that funny Bill! I reask myself the same questions, forget where I found the advice I had wanted, then end up asking all over again. we seem to come to the conclsuion, what's it matter, what's the worst that could happen, and go for it!
Excess, looks great btw!

BILL
07-11-2006, 10:42 AM
:iagree: go for it.........:cheers:

FloridaNative
07-11-2006, 07:09 PM
Ain't that funny Bill! I reask myself the same questions, forget where I found the advice I had wanted, then end up asking all over again. we seem to come to the conclsuion, what's it matter, what's the worst that could happen, and go for it!
Excess, looks great btw!

LOL! When I find a thread with good advice I bookmark it. I must have a million in my bookmarks! :p

bluzman
07-11-2006, 07:37 PM
Looks great!

scooterguitar
07-11-2006, 07:52 PM
LOL! When I find a thread with good advice I bookmark it. I must have a million in my bookmarks! :p
I used to do that, but it gets so long, you can never find the right one! Imagien you could do subcats within subcats within subcats...you get my point.