PDA

View Full Version : Thoroughly impressed with Optimum Wash & Wax

brettka7
03-18-2018, 06:38 PM
Through my automotive career, I've had access to just about everything except the permanent ceramic sealants. I've had waxes worth $$$, sealants worth the same... in the end, I was happy with a $40 bottle of Blackfire Wet Diamond and then even happier with a $15 sprayable bottle of Optimum Car Wax.

I used it on my car 6 months ago and have been using Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax every week or two. My car looks and feels freshly detailed, always. It beads rain really well and the moment I start driving, the rain can't hang onto the slick paint. Wash & Wax and Car Wax both claim to have great UV protection, but I have to say I am skeptical as the car is too new to tell. However, after 6 months and many road trips to Arizona and back to California, I feel no need to do any sort of coating on my car due to how well the wash & Wax has maintained the finish.

I've always seen a Wash & Wax as an impossible feat to accomplish well, but I am very, very impressed.

Eldorado2k
03-18-2018, 06:45 PM
Have you performed a baggie test lately? How does it feel?

brettka7
03-18-2018, 06:52 PM
Have you performed a baggie test lately? How does it feel?

No noticeable fallout on the paint or glass. The wheels need some clay and/or ironx, but those aren't too bad yet either!

Eldorado2k
03-18-2018, 06:55 PM
Paint is smooth to the touch during the baggie test?

brettka7
03-18-2018, 07:56 PM
Paint is smooth to the touch during the baggie test?

Yes it does, except for the trunk and rear bumper. Those both have a bit of grit if you really feel for it.

TMQ
03-18-2018, 08:10 PM
(((Optimum waterless Wash & Wax))).....????

Checked the store and can't find waterless wash and wax. Can you provide a link?

Tom

mwoywod
03-18-2018, 09:39 PM
(((Optimum waterless Wash & Wax))).....????

Checked the store and can't find waterless wash and wax. Can you provide a link?

Tom

I think he's referring to No Rinse Wash & Wax

01GreyStangGT
03-18-2018, 10:41 PM

Confused me too!

brettka7
03-18-2018, 11:09 PM
Confused me too!

Edited! Sorry, I never really see the bottle so I misspoke.