PDA

View Full Version : Next LSP

Pages : [1] 2

imhash
03-15-2018, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone... I want to know if any of u have tried Dodo Juice Light Fantastic on dark metallic paint? Black paint for example.... I am thinking of getting Collinite 915 as it seems to get very good reviews on both light and dark colors.. but also Seeing Light Fantastic is amazing on whites.. just not sure how it it looks on blacks compared to Other dodo's or Collinite 915?!

Kamakaz1961
03-15-2018, 05:01 PM
Pinnacle Sourveran Paste Wax is really great for Black or dark colors. Might not last as long as collinite but superior in every other way. As for Dodo Juice waxes...IMO Collinite is superior. But again, this is my opinion from MY 1st hand experience.

ronkh57
03-15-2018, 05:08 PM
Polish Angel

davidc
03-15-2018, 05:08 PM
I can give a little insight on 915. I just started a test on Collinte waxes using the Wife's Toyota Sienna van that has Desert Sand metallic. It has quite a few panels that are great for this. I used 845, 885,476 and 915. After the applications the 915 panel is slightly darker than all the other panels although I did have to look at it closely and decipher in my brain the difference as the 915 panel is next to the 476. The statistics for longevity are supposedly.
845=6 Months
885=up to 1 year
476S=1 year or more
915=9 Months
I will see as it mainly gets Rinseless Washes with Optimum Wash and Wax with Car Wax and the Monthly application of straight Car Wax to help with the UV's.

Dave

custmsprty
03-15-2018, 05:15 PM
I have all the DoDo nuba waxes. I'd go with Purple Haze for black.

dlc95
03-15-2018, 05:35 PM
I liked the 915!

inDetail
03-15-2018, 09:18 PM
It comes down to what you want. You will make trade offs. Rule of thumb the better the glossier they look "show wax blends" higher oil content more gloss yields less durability. ( Rule of thumb but there are many exceptions out there.) Now there are rare exceptions that some how find a way to find a nice middle ground. You can watch Forensic Detailing Mega Wax Test on youtube. It was published in Pro Detailer and was done at Autoglym Labs in the UK. Very interesting info and very surprising to see actual scientific data and all the other geek stuff some of us love. They tested dozens of waxes. My one piece of advice and it was proven in that published study don't spend money on color charged waxes. There is zero proof that coloring in wax enhances the color of your paint. Your just staining your applicators and towels for nothing. Wax does one thing protect your paint that's what you want unless you go with a two week show wax like Souveran or P21s loaded with oils to look good for a few weeks. When your able to research and navigate you will find that the expensive waxes that are worth it deliver on everything you want, looks and durability. You can find gems that are fairly inexpensive and bury waxes 3 or 4x's the price. So read between the lines read quality reviews and seek good advice. There are excellent waxes out there to be had on a budget there are also duds that could cover my mortgage payments. oh and the max content of Nuba wax in a blend is Max 35% by volume and that is pushing it. Anything over that and the blend cannot be mixed with sufficient amounts of oils, solvents and other waxes to keep it workable. Once you break that 35% the blend is just too hard and the wax cannot be used. Read up on car wax making and you will see the facts. When you see anything over that approach with caution and understand how the volume of nuba is being "explained" by manufacturers.

imhash
03-16-2018, 01:17 AM
I can give a little insight on 915. I just started a test on Collinte waxes using the Wife's Toyota Sienna van that has Desert Sand metallic. It has quite a few panels that are great for this. I used 845, 885,476 and 915. After the applications the 915 panel is slightly darker than all the other panels although I did have to look at it closely and decipher in my brain the difference as the 915 panel is next to the 476. The statistics for longevity are supposedly.
845=6 Months
885=up to 1 year
476S=1 year or more
915=9 Months
I will see as it mainly gets Rinseless Washes with Optimum Wash and Wax with Car Wax and the Monthly application of straight Car Wax to help with the UV's.

Dave

car sure looks good. I believe the 915 is almost the perfect one! cause 2 layers of it will definately challenge the show-looks :)

imhash
03-16-2018, 01:19 AM
I have all the DoDo nuba waxes. I'd go with Purple Haze for black.

have u tried the others on black too? how did it look? mainly the LF

Ronin47
03-16-2018, 04:38 AM
From all the DoDo’s I own I will still reach for 915 over any of them. Light Fantastic soft is nice, Purple Haze is nicer, 915 is nicest.

imhash
03-16-2018, 04:43 AM
From all the DoDo’s I own I will still reach for 915 over any of them. Light Fantastic soft is nice, Purple Haze is nicer, 915 is nicest.

Im thinking that too.. Many people say collinite 915 leaves a fair shine only, but i think its more important that my car is protected longer... i will be using Menzerna 3800 as finishing polish and then 2 layers of Collinite or Dodo juice! Dont think dodo juice will make that big a difference in looks compared to 915..

Ronin47
03-16-2018, 08:59 AM
Im thinking that too.. Many people say collinite 915 leaves a fair shine only, but i think its more important that my car is protected longer... i will be using Menzerna 3800 as finishing polish and then 2 layers of Collinite or Dodo juice! Dont think dodo juice will make that big a difference in looks compared to 915..

Whoever says 915 leaves a “fair” shine needs their eyes checked. I have some exotic British waxes and can state that 915 is on par if not better in depth and wetness. It lasts forever and beads amazing too.

davidc
03-16-2018, 01:17 PM
Whoever says 915 leaves a “fair” shine needs their eyes checked. I have some exotic British waxes and can state that 915 is on par if not better in depth and wetness. It lasts forever and beads amazing too.

I agree with the 915 and it always seem to look even better the next day. 915 is like $10.00 to $12.00 more than 476 and that is why I am doing this test although a little skewed with the Car Wax applications but I want to see if there is a signicant difference between the 4 which could sway me towards 915 over all the others. To me the 915 seems creamier than all the rest which is a plus for application. They all seem to require the same effort for removal as I do the whole vehicle then go back for the wipe down.

Dave

Ronin47
03-16-2018, 02:18 PM
I agree with the 915 and it always seem to look even better the next day. 915 is like $10.00 to $12.00 more than 476 and that is why I am doing this test although a little skewed with the Car Wax applications but I want to see if there is a signicant difference between the 4 which could sway me towards 915 over all the others. To me the 915 seems creamier than all the rest which is a plus for application. They all seem to require the same effort for removal as I do the whole vehicle then go back for the wipe down.

Dave

915 has outlasted 476 for me, nothing major but nonetheless its proven itself over and over in looks and durability on all sorts of paints.In UK it has gone up against Swissvax Best of Show,Zymol,Angelwax,Auto Finesse,Dodo,CG etc. and come out ontop everytime. The other wax that I really like for a wet look is Pete’s 53 Black Pearl.

glfnaz
03-16-2018, 03:31 PM

Dave

DavidC, are you back in AZ?