PDA

View Full Version : Over Saturation, Perfection, and Reality for the OCD Mind in Deataling

geoguy
03-14-2018, 09:21 PM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Sorry, Technology difficulties...

Contemplation for a disseration...

..and frustration...

stay tuned...

geoguy
03-15-2018, 12:50 AM
Hey Guys and Gals,

Take this as you will. Flame me, blast me, ban me, whatever, constructive criticism welcome…I have no place for PC…

I am trying to get a little reality, a little common sense if you will. Maybe this is me just venting… Trying to do the best I can as detailing car is therapy for me. For now…

So It began…

A little background on myself. I started cleaning cars as a teenager with my first car, a 1986 Camaro IROC-Z, black, with a 305 TPI and T-tops (why don’t they make T-tops anymore?) . I loved that car and still have soft spot for Camaros. I cleaned that car religiously as well as all the subsequent cars had (1991 Cherokee Limited, 1996 Bronco [OJ Mobile - frickin’ white just like you saw in the police helo coverage], 2000 Nissan Maxima SE (loved that car), 2003 Tacoma pickup, 2008 Subaru Impreza Outback, and now and 2018 Toyota 4Runner). They were all daily drivers, but more so starting with the Subaru with kids and dogs. I have tried my hardest with keeping up with the latest trends in care care.

In high school, I had my dad hang flyers in his university department office for my car “detailing services” which I hand sketched a 1966 AC COBRA 427 on the flyer. Nothing from that. Only got one car, a neglected Saab 9-3, from the church group, that I stained the hood with old school Turtle Wax. That started the inception of car care for me.

Part 2 - College and Dealership mischiefs… say tuned…