PDA

View Full Version : ONR vs CarPro Ech2o for Rinseless Wash

Pages : [1] 2

Whacky
03-14-2018, 09:13 PM
So I happen to have both products laying around and was going to take a stab at doing a rinseless wash on my Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra coated car.

Anyone care to comment about the effectiveness of Ech2o vs the gold standard ONR?

Likely going to use the GD method with multiple MF towels.
But I also have the Big Red Sponge to work with as well.

Any thoughts on these two?

Klasse Act
03-14-2018, 09:15 PM
Ech2o is now the gold standard!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

FrankS
03-14-2018, 09:25 PM
Ech2o is good but in my case I had to make a 2nd or 3rd wipe to buff it off. If you have the time, then it leaves a nice glossy finish.

ONR takes less wiping IMO.

There’s a little bit of a learning curve with the BRS but it works good when done properly, otherwise I’d stick with GD method if that’s what you’re used to.

Opti
03-15-2018, 02:10 AM
Ech2o seems to clean better then ONR...it feels stronger and slicker on paint. Its a really good product but I hate the haze it leaves behind. If you dont wipe it off good enough (like FrankS said before me, you have to do it 2 or 3 times) it will leave a haze similar to wax residue.

One product that really suprised me was Surf city garage rinse free wash & wax. I havent a bad say about it. Its slick, it cleans well, it wipes off well (no streaking), gloss is amazing after, can be used as a waterless, rinseless, QD, interior cleaner... Great product.

fightnews
03-15-2018, 04:38 AM
Echo20 doesn't even advertise as a rinseless wash sooo...

Whacky
03-15-2018, 04:48 AM

Sure it does.

ECH2O - Waterless wash – CarPro (http://cquartz.com/product/ech2o-waterless-wash/)
https://www.carpro-us.com/wash/waterless-rinseless-wash/carpro-ech2o-waterless-qd-concentrate-500ml-17oz/

Klasse Act
03-15-2018, 07:37 AM
I've never had a hazing issue with Ech2o[emoji848]

MadMerc
03-15-2018, 07:44 AM
I've never had a hazing issue, either.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Eldorado2k
03-15-2018, 08:01 AM

That’s because using it as a rinseless wash was a complete afterthought and not something Carpro originally intended for the product. They were basically coerced by their consumers into giving an official recommended dilution ratio for rinseless use after initially releasing the product as a waterless wash concentrate.

machz
03-15-2018, 08:08 AM
I also use Echo20 and love it. I do get hazing but the final result is work the extra work IMO.

BadgerRivFan
03-15-2018, 09:27 AM
Anyone care to comment about the effectiveness of Ech2o vs the gold standard ONR?

Any thoughts on these two?

No reason you can't use both! I have rinseless washed my coated cars many times with ONR, then used ECH2O mixed up in the QD dilution ratio as a drying aid. Both work just fine together. ECH2O does require some additional buffing to remove all of the residue, or you will likely get some streaking (especially at the stronger dilution concentration). In my experience it does not clean as well as ONR, and I wouldn't exactly label either product as the "gold standard." For me, D114 is the king of rinseless wash products (RIP)...

parshisa
03-16-2018, 10:26 PM
Have in arsenal and use both. I find ONR to he slicker and easier to work with. Cleaning abilities are better with ONR as well. Although, you can’t beat ech2o/reload combo as a drying aid!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

Vue to a kill
03-17-2018, 09:01 AM
I love both products but I often don't want to use a wash and wax and the BRS method is my go to so I say ONR is my pick. ONR has been tried and true with me as well. Almost a decade now (9 years) and I still love it.

Klasse Act
03-17-2018, 09:05 AM
Have in arsenal and use both. I find ONR to he slicker and easier to work with. Cleaning abilities are better with ONR as well. Although, you can’t beat ech2o/reload combo as a drying aid!

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)ONR slicker than Ech2o??? Really?

Klasse Act
03-17-2018, 09:15 AM
Well somebody had to be first, like the Model T for instance (mass produced car, just to be clear) but afterwards other vehicles passed it in performance and IMO this is what we have here comparing ONR to Ech2o.

I only use 2 products now, N914 and Ech2o. N914 is used exclusively for WW and Ech2o for RW duties but it works equally well as WW, unbeatable team! In the case of N914, if you need stronger cleaning, double the ratio and if you want/need a bit more gloss, add a little more Ech2o into your solution bucket.

Ive been using RW and WW's since joining AG, tried almost all of them and N914 and Ech2o are the best in their leagues [emoji779]