PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know of any cold weather gloves for washing and work?

Bill1234
03-14-2018, 08:48 PM
Ive ran into the issue of cold weather washing when its like low 40s to 50s ish. I ve heard sealskinz are a popular option but dont know of any others that offer good protection while being waterproof. Any thoughts on this? and curse you winter weather

LEDetailing
03-14-2018, 09:29 PM
Do you use hot water? I would guess my tap water is around 120 degrees. It makes a huge difference compared to cold water from the spigot filling my bucket.

I would get some very thin “running” gloves and cover them with latex or nitrile gloves.

2black1s
03-14-2018, 09:34 PM
I don't have this problem... but if I did I'd look into some insulated dishwashing gloves.

ntwillie1
03-14-2018, 10:37 PM
I think there is another thread just like this one from a few months back. People posted suggestions on that one. Me,I just wear regular gloves and throw yellow dishwashing gloves on top.

Rtrick87
03-15-2018, 12:13 AM
As a Massachusetts detailer, I run into cold weather a lot. I fill my buckets with hot water, black nitrile gloves and then the yellow bathroom gloves over the top which I secure with my hair elastics to keep the glove extended to my forearm and to keep water out better.

spewking
04-29-2018, 07:17 AM
Check out the long cuff PVC oil gloves from harbor freight

UncleDavy
04-29-2018, 07:21 AM
I wash my cars in the winter all of the time and the best gloves are Glacier Glove insulated ice fishing gloves. You can get them at Dick's Sporting Goods. They keep your hands warm and dry but they are not too thick. You can still get the feel of what you are doing.

fightnews
04-29-2018, 07:49 AM
Ive ran into the issue of cold weather washing when its like low 40s to 50s ish. I ve heard sealskinz are a popular option but dont know of any others that offer good protection while being waterproof. Any thoughts on this? and curse you winter weather

I just add hot water to the wash and rinse buckets to make them warm

Dmtammaro
04-29-2018, 08:37 AM
I use normal kitchen gloves form the supermarket with hot water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

asianisafish
04-29-2018, 08:46 AM
Get some thin low profile running gloves and wear your rubber gloves over them, works for me in -5 degrees

crovello
04-29-2018, 09:01 AM
I wash my cars in the winter all of the time and the best gloves are Glacier Glove insulated ice fishing gloves. You can get them at Dick's Sporting Goods. They keep your hands warm and dry but they are not too thick. You can still get the feel of what you are doing.

I have always used warm water in cold weather but those gloves look nice. I think i will have to get a pair.
Do you use the ones with the wrist strap?

Dave

UncleDavy
04-29-2018, 10:09 AM
I have always used warm water in cold weather but those gloves look nice. I think i will have to get a pair.
Do you use the ones with the wrist strap?

Dave

Hello fellow New Englander. I use the Glacier Glove Ice Bay model. There is no wrist strap but it fits snugly around the wrist. They also have a nice texture that provides some grip.

crovello
04-29-2018, 10:20 AM
Thanks, i think i will get a pair of those.

I am right next door to you. I golf in your town at Seggy a couple of times a week.

ski2
04-29-2018, 11:06 AM
I've been using these Sterns gloves for the past 20 years since lived in New Hampshire. They are Neoprene like the Glacier Glove, but have a wrist strap that keeps them tight.

Stearns 5600 Neoprene Cold Water Gloves (http://www.lfsmarineoutdoor.com/stearns-5600-neoprene-cold-water-gloves.html?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI48nnte3f2gIVkoqzCh37 PgUHEAQYCSABEgKrNvD_BwE)