PDA

View Full Version : stains on rear windshield of dodge challenger

Richs66
03-12-2018, 05:57 PM
Hey guys, thought you might be able to help me out here, 2017 challenger, so rear glass is fairy new, cannot get these stains out.......tried clay bar, invisible glass, bon ami, even a little toothpaste LOL, nothing is working.

Talk to me pro boys, whats a guy gotta do. Hard to see from pics, but they follow the defroster lines.

Thanks

Rich

asalesagent912
03-12-2018, 06:10 PM
Can't really see from pics but i would try ceriglass polish from carpro.
But you will need a rotary polisher.
see what the other pros boys here say. lol

custmsprty
03-12-2018, 06:13 PM
inside or outside of the windshield?

Richs66
03-12-2018, 06:19 PM
inside or outside of the windshield?

This would be on the outside............it follows the defroster lines, just looks like some kind of water stain for a lack of a better word.

My wife has a 2013 F-150...........you cannot see anything like this,.................it gets the same treatment as the challenger gets. Do you think maybe I should try some 0000 steel wool, only in a small spot and see if this gets out.

As a side note, while walking thru a parking lot today.............you can see this on quite a few cars.

hoping this isn't one of those shut up and just drive the car and forget about that stuff. LOL

Not sure it had anything to do with the rear defroster being on............although I only used that maybe 3-4 times this winter.

Rich

DaveT435
03-12-2018, 07:39 PM
Are you sure it is on top of the glass? Can you feel it with your fingers or finger nail??

Goonie75
03-12-2018, 08:46 PM
I read somewhere that that kind of discoloration may happen as a result of the tempering process... normal and if you tint them it's not really noticeable. In other words it's more in the glass than on the glass and a result of tempering.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

oneheadlite
03-12-2018, 08:46 PM
The fact that it follows the defroster lines sure makes it seem like it would be on the inside. Do you have aftermarket tint?
(Doesn’t look like it from the pictures, but had to ask)

Richs66
03-13-2018, 03:15 PM
The fact that it follows the defroster lines sure makes it seem like it would be on the inside. Do you have aftermarket tint?
(Doesn’t look like it from the pictures, but had to ask)

Thanks for the replys guys, just a update on this, a little embarrassing, couple guys here asked about being on the inside, I just kind of rolled my eyes thinking it cant be that.......ahhhhhhhhh after climbing into the back seat, that was a job, threw some rain x window cleaner on it................seems to be looking real good now. LOL, cant see anything bad on it, but I'm waiting for the sun to come out , I could see it best with the sun..........ok, sun out, looks good. So thanks guys

Rich

PaulMys
03-13-2018, 06:07 PM
Thanks for the replys guys, just a update on this, a little embarrassing, couple guys here asked about being on the inside, I just kind of rolled my eyes thinking it cant be that.......ahhhhhhhhh after climbing into the back seat, that was a job, threw some rain x window cleaner on it................seems to be looking real good now. LOL, cant see anything bad on it, but I'm waiting for the sun to come out , I could see it best with the sun..........ok, sun out, looks good. So thanks guys

Rich

Stop throwing your dirty gym socks back there, Rich!! :laughing::laughing: