PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use this battery powered pressure washer

Cruzscarwash
03-10-2018, 11:41 PM
Anyone have this sunjoe pressure washer SPX6000C ? I have a few questions about it.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180311/d16f1915cfd72b7170b9487d3048ec49.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180311/fde07fa2f50706d4b601cbdd94a7cd04.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Tempest45
03-11-2018, 01:33 PM
Yes I have one. What would you like to know?

Cruzscarwash
03-11-2018, 01:55 PM
Yes I have one. What would you like to know?Can I swap out the hose? And or the handle to a short gun style??

Does the higher amp battery give it more pressure or just longer run time?

Tempest45
03-11-2018, 02:19 PM
The fitting on the machine itself is 22mm I believe so standard hoses should fit. The gun that comes with it has a proprietary connection so a new hose would be needed for a different gun.

I only have one battery, 5 amp hour as I recall. Can't tell you about pressure differences. I usually use it at the lower pressure settings anyway.

This will NOT drive a foam Cannon.

Cruzscarwash
03-11-2018, 02:26 PM
So it won't drive any foam Cannon or just aftermarket ones because I know on their website they say to use their foam cannon with it

Tempest45
03-11-2018, 02:55 PM
It comes with a foam gun type thing but it's a joke. I tried it once and never again.

The unit is pretty good at rinsing and at the lowest setting is excellent for bugs because it won't harm paint. I caught it on a good sale to run distilled water and have less setup than a full PW.

Cruzscarwash
03-11-2018, 03:14 PM
It comes with a foam gun type thing but it's a joke. I tried it once and never again.

The unit is pretty good at rinsing and at the lowest setting is excellent for bugs because it won't harm paint. I caught it on a good sale to run distilled water and have less setup than a full PW.So I'm basically gonna use it for weekly rinses with DI water as well. Still trying to find a good top coat and so far I think fk1000p is my winner so going to see what weekly rinse will do and how it holds up. Thanks for helping me out

Klasse Act
03-11-2018, 03:26 PM
Does it come with more of a soap dispenser like the Worx machine has as an option?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Tempest45
03-12-2018, 06:22 PM
So I'm basically gonna use it for weekly rinses with DI water as well. Still trying to find a good top coat and so far I think fk1000p is my winner so going to see what weekly rinse will do and how it holds up. Thanks for helping me out

Consider the HF airless paint sprayer if you don't absolutely need cordless. I use it much more than the sun Joe.

You can spray ONR and then rinse with water. It's not as self contained as the sun Joe, but is more versatile. It can be used in a garage with no issues.

Cruzscarwash
03-12-2018, 06:40 PM
Consider the HF airless paint sprayer if you don't absolutely need cordless. I use it much more than the sun Joe.

You can spray ONR and then rinse with water. It's not as self contained as the sun Joe, but is more versatile. It can be used in a garage with no issues.I actually have and tried the set up but wasn't a fan

ShinyGC
03-12-2018, 07:27 PM
Can I swap out the hose? And or the handle to a short gun style??

You would have to replace the entire hose and gun. What you will need to do is convert the output of the Sun Joe to a standard M22/14mm fitting. This will allow you literally buy any hose and gun you want (from a big box store or online).

Two parts required:

Female M22 x 15mm Convert To A (Standard) Male M22 X 14mm Adapter 4000 psi Brass | eBay (https://www.ebay.com/itm/Female-M22-x-15mm-Convert-To-A-Standard-Male-M22-X-14mm-Adapter-4000-psi-Brass/312027241595?hash=item48a645dc7b:g:AcMAAOSwridaN9I r)

and

Danco 0.62 in. Dia. Rubber O-Ring 5(35729B) - O-Ring Washers - Ace Hardware (http://www.acehardware.com/product/index.jsp?productId=59902496)

(this o-ring goes inside the brass housing towards the PW unit)

Your PW outlet will now be a standard M22/14mm threaded end. BTW this works for any Sun Joe model... Goodluck!

Mad Wax
03-12-2018, 08:30 PM
I have this unit too, one thing to be aware of is the faulty automatic shut off switches. It's supposed to shut the electric motor off when you let go of the trigger. Mine stopped working probably after about 10 uses....I read many reviews, and people are saying there's stopped working after the second or third use. I primarily just use this to rinse soap off a car....I fill the bucket with water, and add ONR to help prevent water spots. I run it for just a few minutes, so I'm not overly concerned about the switch not working. I use it often for my mobile business, even though it's definitely not a commercial unit. For me, it serves it's purpose, and if I can get a couple of years out of it, I'll be happy.