PDA

View Full Version : Video: NEW CAR PREP of this 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan (black SUV) !!

OrangeVee
03-09-2018, 01:29 PM
Hi guys!

Brand new video this week. A new car prep detailing job on a black 2018 VW Tiguan.

Enjoy the video!

In English:

https://youtu.be/r7h6WJE2AIU

In French:

https://youtu.be/K8z1ESVHwQc

LEDetailing
03-09-2018, 07:54 PM
Nice work Pan! Thanks for sharing

OrangeVee
03-10-2018, 05:04 AM
Thanks for the feedback and thanks for watching! :). Nice to have the support of the AutoGeek Online forum community!

Calendyr
03-10-2018, 08:07 AM
An other nice video Pan.

I have a question regarding something you did in the video. After applying CarPro Essence, you used CarPro eracer. Now I might be off on this but I believe this is not a good thing to do. Essence is a coating prep, it should not need to be cleaned afterwards. Also, Essence contains fillers to make the paint flawless, I am thinking that using Eracer could remove some or all of those fillers. Does CarPro recommend doing this process?

Otherwise, great stuff ;) Is this your new vehicle? You never did a follow up video after the one from the car show.

OrangeVee
03-10-2018, 02:46 PM
You polish your entire car and if you want to coat immediately after, then yes even CarPro say you can use Eraser. As Essence bonds to paint, Eraser won't remove it so there's no worries there. If you leave Essence to cure for 24 hours before applying the coating, then you don't need Eraser. If you apply Essence by hand, then CarPro absolutely recommends using Eraser before coating.

No that's not my car. I have the mineral grey BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport that you see in many of my videos. All the other cars are customers' cars.

The Guz
03-10-2018, 04:40 PM
You polish your entire car and if you want to coat immediately after, then yes even CarPro say you can use Eraser. As Essence bonds to paint, Eraser won't remove it so there's no worries there. If you leave Essence to cure for 24 hours before applying the coating, then you don't need Eraser. If you apply Essence by hand, then CarPro absolutely recommends using Eraser before coating.

Exactly this. Well said Pan. The car came out great. Have you had the chance to try out Gliss yet?

Calendyr
03-10-2018, 10:29 PM

No that's not my car. I have the mineral grey BMW 435i xDrive Gran Coupe M Sport that you see in many of my videos. All the other cars are customers' cars.

Ok good to know. I have not used Essence before coating yet. Will go check out the procedure on CarPro's website. So you have not decided on a new vehicle yet?

Wknd Dtlr
03-11-2018, 08:37 AM
Very nice job, Pan!

A bit off topic, but are those Bose Headphones? I'm looking for something that is sound deadening but will allow me to listen to my music as well and still be durable enough to use while detailing/maintaining my vehicles. You can PM if you like so I don't derail your thread. thanks.

fightnews
03-11-2018, 08:53 AM

Ok but why do you need to use eraser? You should be able to apply the coating right on top of the essence. Isn't that the whole point of using the essence?

OrangeVee
03-12-2018, 03:25 AM
Yup, those are Bose QC35 wireless noise cancelling headphones. They sound great and they block off all exterior noises. Perfect for detailing. ;)

OrangeVee
03-12-2018, 03:28 AM
Exactly this. Well said Pan. The car came out great. Have you had the chance to try out Gliss yet?

Yes I did try it and even made a full video on CarPro Gliss. Here you go:

https://youtu.be/d2wDvUIYrtw

OrangeVee
03-12-2018, 03:29 AM
Ok but why do you need to use eraser? You should be able to apply the coating right on top of the essence. Isn't that the whole point of using the essence?

Yes you can apply the coating directly on top of Essence. You just have to make sure you let it cure long enough to do so. CarPro recommends that you polish the entire car first, then buff off, then apply the coating.

fightnews
03-12-2018, 06:11 AM
Yes you can apply the coating directly on top of Essence. You just have to make sure you let it cure long enough to do so. CarPro recommends that you polish the entire car first, then buff off, then apply the coating.

Ok so say a 1/2 hour right? Is there any benefit to using eraser first? In between the essence and the coating?