PDA

View Full Version : Request!!

Pages : [1] 2 3

marchese_alexander
01-30-2008, 06:45 PM
Hi Im between the xmt intermediate kit and the menzerna products. Can you guy post some pics of before and after you used one of the products. Im more interested in the xmt since I have seen the video (results). Any advice are welcome!

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Go to the show and shine section there should be several examples there. Before the pictures the method and products used are listed.
Welcome to Autogeek! I have both XMT medium and ultra fine swirl removers-they work pretty well BUT I am a firm believer that in most cases you get what you pay for and Menzerna definately proves that point well. I bought the Menzerna SIP and Nano and the results are far superior. Some have claimed Menzerna to be a "Miracle in a bottle"- the stuff actually works that well. If you want ok results then go with XMT- if you want jaw dropping "I cant believe this is the same car" results go with Menzerna.

ScottB
01-30-2008, 07:13 PM
There is a post with C6 in the title, its a sticky and shows my use of Menzerna on the black Vette specifically. Hope it helps !

marchese_alexander
01-30-2008, 07:18 PM
Will the menzerna product be too hard to used on my 05 tiburon? will damage the clear coat? which combo you recommend? Looking for the jaw dropping!!!

Dust2Glory
01-30-2008, 07:32 PM
Bro you "can not" go wrong with the menzerna line... at all!!!

the best combo is SIP with an orange CCS pad, 106ff with a white CCS pad... will not damage your clear coat, your buffing machine and lack of experience will ruin the clear coat

you also need to determine how bad your coat swirled/scratched. you might need a yellow pad with sip..but only you can determine that

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 07:34 PM
As long as you use the correct pad and fully work the polish it should be fine. I was under the assumption that the SIP and Nano polishes were only for super hard clearcoat finishes (like the Mercedes) but thats not true. Will you be using a PC 7424, UDM, or a Rotary polisher? The Menzerna SIP works great when followed by Menz Nano finishing polish. I reccomend using a White Lake country polishing pad for both polishes. If the white pad doesnt have enough "cut" combined with SIP to remove the swirls/imperfections then you could go with SIP with a Lake country orange pad. Always use the least aggressive first. Just read as much as you can. There are several threads about Menz-nano and sip.
Good luck!

marchese_alexander
01-30-2008, 07:48 PM
Im good whit the SIP since everyone is recommending but the difference is between the nano polish and the 106ff

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Im good whit the SIP since everyone is recommending but the difference is between the nano polish and the 106ff

Its just the # for the nano polish

Note: The Menzerna Professional Line includes two products named Micro Polish. This one, part number PO106FF, is part of the family of polishes for scratch-resistant clear coats, which are comprised of nano ceramic particles. For this reason, PO106FF is commonly called Menzerna “Nano” Polish.

marchese_alexander
01-30-2008, 07:54 PM
lol! and what does the final polish do?

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 07:56 PM
Alot of these guys are pro detailers and they refer to the different products by numbers and abbreviations- when I first came to the site I was like huh??? here is a example-"use the pc w/ LC ccs yellow with PO83 followed by LC ccs white w/106FF buff with a MF then a thin layer of LSP."

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 08:00 PM
It brings back a high gloss. These are 2 step polishes. A "heavy" polish followed by a"finer" finishing polish. Most polishes are 2 step polishes unless you go with a "all in one" which dont work as well and have fillers to temporarily hide swirls/imperfections.

marchese_alexander
01-30-2008, 08:11 PM
can you tell me the which pad are the softer ones and the harder ones (taking notes) and after the nano and the SIP Im done or I need a wax

jswift2000
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
The "harder" pads give more cut and as they get softer, they tend to be for polishing, finishing and wazes/sealents.

Yellow - heavy cut
Orange - Medium/light cut
White - Polishing
Green - Polishing
Gray/Blue - Finishing
Red - Waxes/Sealents

I may be off in the color a little - long day. Check out the LC link on autogeek to what each color is for. Good luck and have fun.

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 08:26 PM
This is a brief explanation of the pads:
CCS 7.5 foam pads, lake country 7.5 inch pads, 7 inch ccs foam pads, ccs pads by lake country, lake country mfg, lake country manufacturing (http://www.autogeek.net/lc-ccs-7inch-pads.html)

White is the least aggressive polishing pad next highest is orange then yellow is the most aggressive. Blue and gray are finishing pads used for glazes and applying waxes.

I suggest the white pad with SIP and then a clean white pad with Nano-then if you want to take the time(but its not ness)a blue pad with nano. After you are done with all the polishing I suggest you wash the car to get the dust from the polish off-using the 2 bucket system and Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo with a microfiber wash mitt. Dry the car with Cobra waffle weave microfibre towels. Then you will either need to use a sealant or Carnuba wax-I prefer wax. I prefer Pinnacle Souvern paste wax for dark finishes and Pinnacle series 2 for all other color cars. Use Cobra edgeless microfibre towels to remove wax and another to buff the surface to perfection. I use Cobra edgeless Microfibre towels to remove polish as well-make sure you use a different towel for the 2 different polishes. You should also use a spray bottle of distilled water to spritz the polishing pad to prime it before you apply the SIP or nano. Look at the pinnicle videos for the 2 bucket system good luck!

lethalxls1
01-30-2008, 08:34 PM
Also- make sure you wash the car before polishing and if the white lake country pad isnt aggressive enough to remove the swirls with sip you can try a orange pad. I do not suggest a yellow pad it is very aggressive. Make sure you dont "dry polish" to avoid this you can give the polishing pad a spritz with dist. H2O occassionally or add a tiny bit more polish. A 6" line of polish is usually perfect amount for a 2ftx2ft area-try to do a 2x2 area no larger at a time. I tried to cover your questions-but remembered other things as I answered them. Sorry about that-good luck!