PDA

View Full Version : Indy Motor Speedway - June 8th & 9th - Roadshow Detail Class with Mike Phillips at Autogeek

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

Btrahin
03-27-2018, 12:43 PM
Just signed up and booked my hotel. See you in Indy Mike!

Mike Phillips
03-27-2018, 12:50 PM
Just signed up and booked my hotel. See you in Indy Mike!

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to meeting and working with you!

:)

kevincwelch
03-31-2018, 11:54 AM
Hold on. Call off the dogs.

Chicago?!?

I'm there!

When?

(Sent via my mobile device...)

Mike Phillips
04-20-2018, 12:45 PM
***Bump***

People been asking me to bring our class on the road for YEARS now...

If this class is in driving range, get signed up early. It cost a lot of money to ship everything out to an offsite location and it also takes a LOT of planning on our part and on the part of our host.

So now is the time to get signed up. There's an incentive to sign-up early and you only have to attend one of the days of the two day classes. You can attend both days, that's up to you.

People been asking and even bugging me to bring our incredible hands-on class to their state for years and now that we're doing it we need people to sign up and sign up early to take advantage of the $100.00 store credit.

:buffing: :buffing: :buffing:

RamAirV1
04-29-2018, 02:07 PM
I just signed up! Looking forward to seeing/trying the newest detailing tools, and foremost, the proper application of ceramic paint coatings!

If you need a demo vehicle for the class I have a Granite Crystal 2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack 392. Yes, it's a daily driver NOT a garage queen! As a matter of fact I'm on my third set of summer tires. I still have the GTO, but it is enjoying life as a garage queen.

RamAirV1

Mike Phillips
04-29-2018, 02:57 PM
I just signed up! Looking forward to seeing/trying the newest detailing tools, and foremost, the proper application of ceramic paint coatings!

If you need a demo vehicle for the class I have a Granite Crystal 2015 Dodge Charger Scat Pack 392. Yes, it's a daily driver NOT a garage queen! As a matter of fact I'm on my third set of summer tires. I still have the GTO, but it is enjoying life as a garage queen.

RamAirV1

Good to hear!

And "yes" we would love to have your car for the class. Be sure to NOT do any correction or polishing work to it from here forward.

What year is the GTO?

And how many years we been talking in the forum world?

RamAirV1
04-29-2018, 04:10 PM
Good to hear!

And "yes" we would love to have your car for the class. Be sure to NOT do any correction or polishing work to it from here forward.

What year is the GTO?

And how many years we been talking in the forum world?

Awesome! It hasn't had any correction at all since October 2017, and it has been a LONG winter with lots of salt and road film.

The GTO is a 2006 Impulse Blue. I brought it to the Indy Road Show class around 2007ish at Jimmy Buff It's place.

We have been talking on the forums since LS1.com, circa 1998.

RamAirV1

Mike Phillips
04-30-2018, 09:04 AM
Awesome! It hasn't had any correction at all since October 2017, and it has been a LONG winter with lots of salt and road film.

The GTO is a 2006 Impulse Blue. I brought it to the Indy Road Show class around 2007ish at Jimmy Buff It's place.

Ah yes... now I remember the GTO. Cool you still have it after all these years.

We have been talking on the forums since LS1.com, circa 1998.

RamAirV1

That's where we met, at the Roadshow class I taught at Jimmy Buff-It's Auto Detailing in Indianapolis, Indiana back in either 2006 or 2007, would have to go to MOL to confirm the year.

I know we've met, it's just couldn't remember when and where. Well I'm glad you signed up for the class, it's going to be a blast!

Mike Phillips
04-30-2018, 09:08 AM
Also, here's your car...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/autogeek-roadshow-detailing-classes/63352d1525028825-indy-motor-speedway-june-8th-9th-roadshow-detail-class-mike-phillips-autogeek-p5290028-jpg

Now all we need is around 11 more cars for both days. Basically, 6 cars per day.

RChicago
05-08-2018, 07:58 AM
Well its finally happening....I have been wanting to go to a detailing class forever and I finally got into one that will be a heck of a lot closer and (Sorry Mike...) cooler. If its true, and were at the track doing this...from this Indiana boy who has been at numerous 500's what a dream. I will be bringing a camera also!!!

I am signed up for both days and can't wait! :buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing::buff ing::buffing:

I am offering a vehicle but I don't know how useful it will be. Its a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. I will admit its a garage queen but it is the reason for my detailing class. 21,000 miles and has seen 3.5 rainstorms. I have attached a photo after it was just washed for the season but this is also why I need to learn properly again as there are "care"marks in the paint. Hairline fibers are there from an angle. UGH. Don't know if you need it.

Tom Quinn

Mike Phillips
05-09-2018, 12:00 PM
Well its finally happening....I have been wanting to go to a detailing class forever and I finally got into one that will be a heck of a lot closer and (Sorry Mike...) cooler. If its true, and were at the track doing this...from this Indiana boy who has been at numerous 500's what a dream. I will be bringing a camera also!!!

I am signed up for both days and can't wait! :buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing::buffing::buff ing::buffing:

I am offering a vehicle but I don't know how useful it will be. Its a 2006 Mustang GT convertible. I will admit its a garage queen but it is the reason for my detailing class. 21,000 miles and has seen 3.5 rainstorms. I have attached a photo after it was just washed for the season but this is also why I need to learn properly again as there are "care"marks in the paint. Hairline fibers are there from an angle. UGH. Don't know if you need it.

Tom Quinn

Hi Tom,

Great to hear you're signed up for this class, looks like you made the cut-off date to take advantage of the $100.00 store credit. Smart man.

I'll let you know about the car, one question, does your Mustang have the vinyl top or the canvas top?

Mike Phillips
05-09-2018, 12:52 PM
***Update***

This class is about 4 weeks away. There are still around 5 spaces left for each day. Once the class fills up registration will be closed.

Click this link to sign-up online (https://www.autogeek.net/ag-roadshow-indy.html)

Or Call Andre to sign-up over the phone

1-800-869-3011 x244

Remember - you can sign up for one day or both days. The tools and the topics are DIFFERENT for both days. See the first page of this thread for more info.

The idea is that you learn the most by attending both days. But if you can only afford one day, then pick between short stroke polishers and the RUPES system (Friday), or FLEX and Griot's BOSS on Saturday.

RChicago
05-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Hi Tom,

Great to hear you're signed up for this class, looks like you made the cut-off date to take advantage of the $100.00 store credit. Smart man.

I'll let you know about the car, one question, does your Mustang have the vinyl top or the canvas top?

That would be the vinyl top. I believe this was the only option for the 2006 Mustang.

Mike Phillips
05-10-2018, 07:57 AM
That would be the vinyl top.

I believe this was the only option for the 2006 Mustang.

A believe you're correct. I still had to ask because I'm not a Mustang expert and I hate to assume.

I would love to have your car for the class because I cover the correct and proper way to clean and protect both vinyl tops and canvas tops. So we'll use your car for the vinyl top portion of the class. Now I need a car with a canvas top.

For vinyl we showcase 303 Aerospace Protectant.

For canvas we showcase RaggTopp

It's a FUN class you're going to learn a LOT.

I guarantee it.

RChicago
05-10-2018, 07:34 PM
Thank you! I have been using RaggTopp on it and I know its vinyl but sadly its been about 1 time a year that it was cleaned and that hasn't been done this year. I hope what I will learn at this event will be how to remove the hairline scratches which I have tried so hard to avoid. I can't seem to get them out with the Wolfgang products I use on it. It may not be the right system but this is why I am going! Plus its cool to be at Indy.

I was a police officer for the State for many years and for many years I had to work the 500. Never got the smile off my face all the time I was there. WOW, just getting giggly with excitement knowing I will be back at the yard of bricks!

Thank You
Tom

A believe you're correct. I still had to ask because I'm not a Mustang expert and I hate to assume.

I would love to have your car for the class because I cover the correct and proper way to clean and protect both vinyl tops and canvas tops. So we'll use your car for the vinyl top portion of the class. Now I need a car with a canvas top.

For vinyl we showcase 303 Aerospace Protectant.

For canvas we showcase RaggTopp

It's a FUN class you're going to learn a LOT.

I guarantee it.