PDA

View Full Version : Looking for some new ideas

carlg
03-05-2018, 05:33 PM
I've been using Meguiar's products exclusively for quite a while now (Clay, SwirlX, Polish, Wax).

I've always been pretty happy with the results and their products are very low cost and easily available from places like Amazon.

I just purchased a 2 year old Mustang and I want to do the full package detail to it. It seems like it could use some very minor paint correction. There are some very fine swirls in the paint if you look at it with the sun light in the proper direction.

OK, let me be honest here, all I've ever really used has been Meguiar's products. It's my understanding that when you do a full detail you should try to use the products from the same system/brand.

I think I'm ready to experiment and try something other than Meguiar's with my new car. I'm not a pro detailer so I'm looking for some suggestions.

Any other systems you would recommend that might be a small step above the Meguiar's but won't break the bank either?? I'm not looking to spend $40 on a bottle of wax or cleaner.

Thanks ahead of time for ideas.

PaulMys
03-05-2018, 07:06 PM
Look into McKee's and/or 3D. Both are excellent product lines that are not insanely expensive.

FUNX650
03-05-2018, 07:32 PM
I just purchased a 2 year old Mustang...

It seems like it could use some very
minor paint correction. There are some
very fine swirls in the paint if you look at
it with the sun light in the proper direction.

Any other systems you would recommend
that might be a small step above the
Meguiar's

but won't break the bank either??
I'm not looking to spend $40
on a bottle of wax or cleaner.

•From the above description of the
vehicle’s paint condition: I’m going
to suggest the following system:
Mothers Ultimate Wax System includes Mothers California Gold Carnauba Waxes, Sealer Glaze & Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner. (https://www.autogeek.net/motulwaxsys.html)

•Note(s):
-Some folks may, or may not, consider this
Mothers’ system a small step above the
Meguiar’s products you listed in your OP;
-however: it sure won’t break the bank.
( ~$28.00, total.)

Bob

carlg
03-05-2018, 07:45 PM
•From the above description of the
vehicle’s paint condition: I’m going
to suggest the following system:
Mothers Ultimate Wax System includes Mothers California Gold Carnauba Waxes, Sealer Glaze & Mothers Pre-Wax Cleaner. (https://www.autogeek.net/motulwaxsys.html)

•Note(s):
-Some folks may, or may not, consider this
Mothers’ system a small step above the
Meguiar’s products you listed in your OP;
-however: it sure won’t break the bank.
( ~$28.00, total.)

Bob

Not a bad price either. I assume they excluded the clay step from mother's but you should still do it.

FUNX650
03-05-2018, 08:38 PM
I assume they excluded the
clay step from mother's
but you should still do it.
Sure...
if the “Baggie Test” warrants doing so.

Bob