PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have found a good paste wax, what kinda detailer

Pages : [1] 2

Floridian Mustang
03-05-2018, 03:41 PM
Now that I have found a good paste wax. What do people recommend for a quick detailer ? its pollen season in Florida now and Id like to try and keep it clean between washes/waxes. what I used to use really works well but its really a waterless car wash, and says "Cleans polishes and protects" trying to get away from anything that "Cleans" figuring it will eat away at my wax what does'nt everybody recommend?

acuRAS82
03-05-2018, 04:02 PM
Which wax are you using?

FUNX650
03-05-2018, 04:29 PM
I thought one of the main purposes
of using a QD/WW was “to clean”? :dunno:

Editorial:
•If a QD (and/or WW) would happen to
eat-away at your good Paste Wax—at an
unexpected/alarming rate...

-I would think it’d probably be in your,
as well as the vehicle’s, best interest to
opt for a more durable Paste Wax/LSP.

Bob

Route246
03-05-2018, 08:44 PM
I use this: Optimum No Rinse Wash & Wax, no rinse car wash, rinse free car wash, optimum no rinse (https://www.autogeek.net/no-rinse-wash-and-wax.html)

1:16 ratio in a spray bottle and you are good to go.

You can use this as a drying aid after washing, too.

oneheadlite
03-05-2018, 10:21 PM
Meant to chime in on your other thread- I haven’t used the Griot’s Best of Show paste wax, but I have used their Premium Carnauba paste wax. Love that stuff - Suuper easy to apply and remove, great look, and impressively hydrophobic

If you wanted to stay in the family, you could go with either the Griots Spray on Car Wash (their Waterless wash), their new Rinseless Wash and Wax, or their new Best of Show Detailer.

If memory serves, the spray on car wash has a slight amount of wax in it to help maintain. The rinseless has wax + polymers. The Best of Show Detailer has a small amount of polymers.

I’ve not used the new BOS Detailer, but have heard positive things about it. I have both the Spray on Wash and Rinseless. I like both of them. If I had to have one, it’d be the rinseless since so often (sadly) my cars go past a level I’m comfortable doing a Waterless wash. Both are really easy to work with.

Route 246’s suggestion is a great option. Optimum’s spray wax (part of the ONR wash and wax) is great stuff.

ducksfan
03-06-2018, 01:38 AM
Previous threads have reports that Meguiars Ultimate Fast Finish works well for this. You might try just wiping it over your wax.

fightnews
03-06-2018, 06:31 AM
Showroom shine

Floridian Mustang
03-06-2018, 09:35 AM
Which wax are you using?

Griots garage best in show. very happy with it

Floridian Mustang
03-06-2018, 09:36 AM
Meant to chime in on your other thread- I haven’t used the Griot’s Best of Show paste wax, but I have used their Premium Carnauba paste wax. Love that stuff - Suuper easy to apply and remove, great look, and impressively hydrophobic

If you wanted to stay in the family, you could go with either the Griots Spray on Car Wash (their Waterless wash), their new Rinseless Wash and Wax, or their new Best of Show Detailer.

If memory serves, the spray on car wash has a slight amount of wax in it to help maintain. The rinseless has wax + polymers. The Best of Show Detailer has a small amount of polymers.

I’ve not used the new BOS Detailer, but have heard positive things about it. I have both the Spray on Wash and Rinseless. I like both of them. If I had to have one, it’d be the rinseless since so often (sadly) my cars go past a level I’m comfortable doing a Waterless wash. Both are really easy to work with.

Route 246’s suggestion is a great option. Optimum’s spray wax (part of the ONR wash and wax) is great stuff.

I have a few bottles of Mothers instant detailer

oneheadlite
03-06-2018, 11:06 AM
I have a few bottles of Mothers instant detailer

I missed that you already had a detailer to use. No experience with that one, but might as well use it up!

Floridian Mustang
03-06-2018, 02:41 PM
I missed that you already had a detailer to use. No experience with that one, but might as well use it up!

Well I was using a water-less car wash that says it cleans polished and protects. it does a good job car is slick and shines but I'm not sold on the protection especially in Florida. never seems to bead in the rain or when car gets washed either.I really wanted something I believed was doing the job. griots makes me feel that way. in between I'd like a freshen up but don't want to eat wax. So I was thinking the mothers cause it's not a water-less car wash. is my thinking right? I am really just looking for something to shine up the car between washes that can spruce it up when its dusty...safely.

acuRAS82
03-06-2018, 03:24 PM
The car should still bead now, since the griots is applied, and with use of waterless wash or QD to clean between regular washes. The waterless wash and most QDs do not provide adequate protection to cause beading if used as a stand-alone. They should increase shine when used on top of an existing lsp. Therefore, it would seem fine to use what you already have in stock, on top of your current Griots application

acuRAS82
03-06-2018, 03:34 PM
I should have added: I believe all “touching” of your lsp (Griots Best of Show) will somewhat degrade it, but so will pollen, rain, snow, salt, etc. Just wipe lightly when using waterless/QD to degrade it less and enjoy the looks. The lsp will eventually weaken regardless but I believe cleaning to make it look nice is well worth the small amounts of deterioration to the lsp... otherwise the car will be dirty from the time soon after we apply the lsp until the time it naturally fades.

Floridian Mustang
03-06-2018, 03:50 PM
The car should still bead now, since the griots is applied, and with use of waterless wash or QD to clean between regular washes. The waterless wash and most QDs do not provide adequate protection to cause beading if used as a stand-alone. They should increase shine when used on top of an existing lsp. Therefore, it would seem fine to use what you already have in stock, on top of your current Griots application

Thank You.

Billy Baldone
03-06-2018, 06:48 PM
In my experience using so many different Detailers over the years.... Pretty much all the same. I know I'm going to be lit up for this, but honestly, I can't tell the difference between them. They all pretty much apply and wipe off in the same manner. The car is streak free, with no dirt.... What else do I need? I have used Cure and Shine Supply Clutch on my coated cars... No visual difference from those to MGs Last Touch.. Sonax, or Gloss shop detailer. Once your car is corrected, polished, and sealed/coated/waxed.... All Detailers look, and act the exact same to me... Please correct me if I'm truly wrong about this. I'm a firm believer in the Placebo effect. We, by we I mean most of us on this forum, cannot go to a car show, or look at a nice car without judging the paint finish.. It's just how we are wired. I had a customer who's black CTS I spent 14 hours on, came to pick it up in his "show winning" (I'm not getting into that now) Orange Mustang GT. He was so happy with how slick and "shiny" it was because he just claybared the car for the first time... It looked dull and swirled up, but he felt so awesome because, by claying it, the paint was all of a sudden amazing (eye roll) My point is this, we all have our preferences when it come to the final product we roll a car out with, but is there really a difference?