PDA

View Full Version : What DA pad and polish do you recommend for brand new car for coating prep?

Grifftech
03-05-2018, 02:49 PM
I am trying to decide what pad and polish to use on my car that is 10 days old to make sure it is ready for a coating. I assume I wont need much cut but I haven't polished in about 3 years so not sure what is good these days? I will be claying prior to polish also.

Thanks
Chris

Nix
03-05-2018, 03:15 PM
what coating are you planning on using? Before claying i would do Iron remover step...What pads and polish you have??..i would use M205 with white polishing pad.. IPA wipe down after polishing to remove any oils from polishing step. (Carpro Eraser, Gyeon prep or any wax and grease remover from auto parts store) your car only needs light polishing to remove any dealer installed swirl marks...

If I was applying coating to my car I would do the following:
Ironx the whole car..
Rinse it before washing..
Wash it with Purple power vehicle and boat wash Available at walmart..
Clay (I use soapy water while car is still wet)
Polish (Any light polish with white pad)
IPA wipedown
Coating..

Grifftech
03-05-2018, 03:34 PM
I am leaning towards using the Kamikaze Miyabi. I have 99% IPA, is that too strong, should I dilute it?

what coating are you planning on using? Before claying i would do Iron remover step...What pads and polish you have??..i would use M205 with white polishing pad.. IPA wipe down after polishing to remove any oils from polishing step. (Carpro Eraser, Gyeon prep or any wax and grease remover from auto parts store) your car only needs light polishing to remove any dealer installed swirl marks...

If I was applying coating to my car I would do the following:
Ironx the whole car..
Rinse it before washing..
Wash it with Purple power vehicle and boat wash Available at walmart..
Clay (I use soapy water while car is still wet)
Polish (Any light polish with white pad)
IPA wipedown
Coating..

Nix
03-05-2018, 07:40 PM
How to Mix IPA for Inspecting Correction Results (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2009-to-2016-how-to-articles-by-mike-phillips/31183-how-mix-ipa-inspecting-correction-results.html)
good info posted by mike..you should deff dilute..