PDA

View Full Version : Flagged tip brush to apply HD to tires.

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
03-02-2018, 01:33 PM
Carrand Deluxe Super Soft Car Wash Brush, body brush, auto brush, car wash supplies (https://www.autogeek.net/car-wash-brush.html)

I have read more than one post of members using this method. So I take it you spray the tire down with HD, then work it in with the brush correct? Any final wipe down?

Eldorado2k
03-02-2018, 08:50 PM
It’s better to avoid spraying directly onto the tires because you’ll wind up with overspray on your wheels and even your paint.

Instead hold the bottle about an inch away from the brush and spray into it then wipe onto the tire.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/76a4e56cc5728c8831b634e2b1c72dd8.jpg

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/2f6b842b7f4cc795feb0535a573717f7.jpg

I recommend this flag tipped brush. It’s easily found online.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/c881f649af866f8cfc083dbad0ac94ec.jpg

I’ve recently bought a Mothers Wheel Brush and it’s not the same kind of brush. The 1 in my picture is softer and works much better for this. IMO that Carrand brush isn’t in the same league as this brush. The Carrand brush is too small and doesn’t offer the same user experience.

Try the Hyper Dressing @1:1. Best results + best user experience. Not too shiny at all because it tones down by the next day leaving a fine black tire. Use the brush to apply enough dressing, just make sure to brush away any actual drips because that’s the point where you’ve applied too much. But do not knock down the dressing with a towel as all you’ll do is degrade the final result. Hyper Dressing self levels as it dries.

ducksfan
03-03-2018, 02:10 AM
A few different companies have a brush that looks like that - Chemical Guys, Nanoskin, S M Arnold... am I warm here?

Finick
03-03-2018, 02:23 AM
Highly recommend the flag tipped brush. I was beating myself up for not swapping to doing it this way sooner. I use the same brush eldorado2k uses. It’s so much nicer than any other applicator I’ve ever used.

Gross dirty tires.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/fdccff0f20dfda71957ba41e30eee288.jpg

Cleaned, dried, and dressing applied. Brush gets into all the grooves better than any other applicator I’ve used, AND I don’t get anything on my hands, which is one of the biggest bonuses for me personally.

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180303/c14040171b9de4570ae8e36902827026.jpg

Gotta work on my picture skills, definitely leave a lot to be desired lol.

Btw, eldo, do you ever clean the brush? Or do you just use it then store it until next time. Almost seems like cleaning it wouldn’t be worth it, but maybe something to occasional do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GEM65
03-03-2018, 02:52 AM
Been doing this since i discovered Eldorado2k post!
Life is so much easier...
Thanks bud [emoji4]

Eldorado2k
03-03-2018, 05:11 AM
A few different companies have a brush that looks like that - Chemical Guys, Nanoskin, S M Arnold... am I warm here?

Yup, that’s the brush.[emoji1417]

Gotta work on my picture skills, definitely leave a lot to be desired lol.

Btw, eldo, do you ever clean the brush? Or do you just use it then store it until next time. Almost seems like cleaning it wouldn’t be worth it, but maybe something to occasional do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks great.[emoji1417] And you’re right, it’s not really necessary for the most part, I find mine stays fairly clean, but once in a while I give it a cleaning and it’s like new again. This brush lasts and lasts.

Been doing this since i discovered Eldorado2k post!
Life is so much easier...
Thanks bud [emoji4]

Right on. You’re welcome.[emoji4][emoji1417]

atgonzales
03-03-2018, 06:10 AM
Carrand is a great brush and what you have describe is what I do now. Recently, I have used foam tire brush just smooth things out on the tire.

ducksfan
03-03-2018, 01:52 PM
Yup, that’s the brush.

But I listed three brushes. It looks like the Nanoskin and Arnold are the same, but the Chemical Guys is different (the bristles are krinkled on the Nano/Arnold to make them more rigid; not so on the Chemical Guys).

Eldorado2k
03-03-2018, 02:20 PM
Yup, that’s the brush.

But I listed three brushes. It looks like the Nanoskin and Arnold are the same, but the Chemical Guys is different (the bristles are krinkled on the Nano/Arnold to make them more rigid; not so on the Chemical Guys).

I see what you mean... The Chemical Guys brush looks identical to mine. From the looks of it I believe the Nanoskin brush is the same brush but they’ve got the bristles looking a bit straight in their pics. They’ve also got an outrageous price on it.

I couldn’t find a gray SM Arnold flagged tip brush in the quick search I just did, but I wouldn’t doubt if the brush I have was an SM Arnold because I bought it locally and alot of the stuff in that detailing supply store is SM Arnold brand. I bought my 1st. clay towel there and it was an SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel.

IIRC SM Arnold and Nanoskin are 1 and the same?

Wknd Dtlr
03-03-2018, 08:49 PM
I see what you mean... The Chemical Guys brush looks identical to mine. From the looks of it I believe the Nanoskin brush is the same brush but they’ve got the bristles looking a bit straight in their pics. They’ve also got an outrageous price on it.

I couldn’t find a gray SM Arnold flagged tip brush in the quick search I just did, but I wouldn’t doubt if the brush I have was an SM Arnold because I bought it locally and alot of the stuff in that detailing supply store is SM Arnold brand. I bought my 1st. clay towel there and it was an SM Arnold Speedy Prep Towel.

IIRC SM Arnold and Nanoskin are 1 and the same?

I just recently bought the SM Arnold brush and it looks to be identical to the first two pics of yours.

Life hasn't been the same since you turned me on to this brush for applying dressing. Thanks, Eldo!!

Eldorado2k
03-03-2018, 09:05 PM
Life hasn't been the same since you turned me on to this brush for applying dressing. Thanks, Eldo!!

[emoji1417]

ducksfan
03-06-2018, 01:25 AM
You know, the Arnold brush sold out on Amazon after this thread. Eldo, you're a force in the marketplace.

Pats300zx
03-06-2018, 07:47 AM
You know, the Arnold brush sold out on Amazon after this thread. Eldo, you're a force in the marketplace.

It's still available. Just ordered one.

Eldorado2k
03-06-2018, 09:29 AM

Ha. Thanks for the kind words.[emoji4]
I’ll say this.. I consider myself an open minded person, I also believe I’m pretty good at weeding through the hype when I see it, but that doesn’t prevent me from trying different methods or different products because as far I’m concerned, you should never underestimate any possible source of information. We can all learn new things as long as we 1st make sure to keep an open mind.

For example, just because someone’s a hack, doesn’t mean you should completely dismiss him/her because you might notice the 1 thing they happen to get right, and if you’re nice enough to be paying attention [instead of being rude and dismissing them] you might just learn something new.

As the saying goes, “there’s nothing new under the sun”
I’m not foolish enough to claim to be the 1st person to use a brush like this to apply tire dressing, as a matter of fact, I learned this method a long time ago from watching the “hacks” at the local hand car wash. [I used to get my oil changed there and it included a free wash, so I’d let them wash it 4 times per year]

...But if I can be remembered [even a little bit] for popularizing any particular thing in regards to this interest of ours known as auto detailing, then I would humbly appreciate it.[emoji18]

Btw, I’ve been noticing more and more people across the internet, including youtube vids mentioning the use of multiple mitts for a bucket wash these days. I’ve even heard them specifically say as many as 12, which is what I’ve used for a while now. I’m pretty sure I was the 1st person to “preach” this method [not only because I’ve never seen anyone else recommend it] but also because of the reactions I initially got from people when they found out I really use 12+ mitts for every bucket wash. They thought I was crazy. Lol. Until you realize how much sense it makes, and how affordable it actually is..[emoji6]

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180306/ab577663e06f2da636c86ce75c7ca996.jpg

I love communicating with good people. I also like to help and give advice if and when it’s possible. I’m confident when it comes to the methods I recommend because they’re tried and true... Whether it’s this brush for tire dressing, multiple wash mitts, or that Tampico Wheel Brush that I guarantee is way better than the Wheel Woolie [I’m not sure if I’ve convinced anyone about that 1. Lol] If I vouch for a certain product or method, you can count on it being solid and my advice to be honest and transparent. I pride myself in telling the whole truth [pros & cons]

I made this comment the other day..

I’m not a free advertisement for just anyone. Lol.

I wish I knew how to write a book.. In a perfect world I think I’d have a half decent shot at writing a useful book of information for the detailing enthusiast. But don’t quote me on that. Lol.

I hope this post wasn’t too long. Thanks for reading.[emoji4]

Wknd Dtlr
03-06-2018, 11:18 AM
I hope this post wasn’t too long. Thanks for reading.[emoji4]
Nope. Not too long at all. I enjoy reading everything you post and have picked up a number of great tips (mulitple mitts, flagged tip brush, to name a few ). Thanks again for all of your contributions on this forum and I look forward to your future posts.:dblthumb2: