PDA

View Full Version : Help me choose which AIO

Pages : [1] 2

keepitclean
02-27-2018, 06:34 PM
I have a car with good paint but needs a quick all-in-one. I will be in a garage and able to start at noon but will need to finish by early that afternoon....3 to 5pm. And it's suppose to be raining that day. So...I should use Wolfgang AIO or I have some Meg paint reconditioning cream. What I'm worried about is an hour or so enough time for the product to cure before pulling out in the rain and is one product going to be better than the other based on getting it wet later that day. Also not sure if I would have enough "drying" time to lay a sealant on it as a topper?
Thanks

PaulMys
02-27-2018, 06:41 PM
Two hours seems way to short to do any kind of decent job.

Hell, it takes me from 3-5 to do just the hood of my Ram truck. Lol

All joking aside, if I were you, I would wait until I had a whole day (or at least most of a day).

Finick
02-27-2018, 08:28 PM
Two hours seems way to short to do any kind of decent job.

Hell, it takes me from 3-5 to do just the hood of my Ram truck. Lol

All joking aside, if I were you, I would wait until I had a whole day (or at least most of a day).

I'd say if 3-5 hours is the time frame, that seems like lot more than someone would need for just a quick AIO job. It took me about 2.5 hours to go over my car with HD speed, just doing a few passes per section since the only thing wrong was some light marring from claying it (3 passes with moderate pressure did the trick, eldorado2k plz give me your secrets to claying without leaving any marring.)

I went over the honda pilot that sits outside here in about 3.5 one day with D151, just to play around with it and see if I liked it (I don't.) My gfs car (toyota matrix) and dads car (buick lacrosse) take similar time to do as my car. My experience is certainly limited, but if I'm using an AIO I just do 3-4 passes and move on. The most time consuming part is blowing out my pads, since my air compressor hose is kind of short it's a lot of moving it around.

Mantilgh
02-27-2018, 08:53 PM
I’m pretty sure Uber AIO needs time to crosslink. How much time is the question though.

I did a test spot with it a while back and I believe I killed its durability by spraying water on it to see how it beaded right after I applied it.

I’m not sure about Megs PRC.

keepitclean
02-27-2018, 09:37 PM
what about this.....minor paint correction, etc. and then carpro hydro 2 to top it off..........since there is a chance of rain???

Cruzscarwash
02-27-2018, 10:02 PM
I average 2-3 hrs to AIO SUVs. So you should have plenty of time.

Meg's 151 lacks in longevity but is great for it's cut. I've not used the other so cant comment on that.

I did this Acadia in 3 hrs top to bottom worth blackfire AIO this weekend. Used a GG6 with 5inch vented plate and LC orange padshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/01310d36d933d1d4bcd59eeda8ccd4d4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/cca19fb4a1df0d0fd802656a3abc369a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/af26c7ada7965b222093801c663d20e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Sharply Dressed
02-28-2018, 12:28 AM
An All in One from wash to complete takes me about 4-4.5 hrs on a car. With HD speed topped with Poxy for added longevity, add about 40 mins as it doesn't take long to apply but needs to set for 30 mins. I've used McKees 360 and GG One Step also with good results.

dlc95
03-01-2018, 10:09 PM
I used some Meguiar's M06 Cleaner Wax on my car in December. Still seems to be holding up through a bunch of snow and salt.

I also really like M66, Duragloss 501, and 101.

derass
03-02-2018, 01:35 AM
I think AIO followed by LSP is flawed logic. If I was going to spend the extra time doing a second pass, I'd use polish and an LSP.

Eldorado2k
03-02-2018, 01:41 AM
I think AIO followed by LSP is flawed logic.

I agree 100%[emoji1369]

mwoywod
03-02-2018, 02:04 AM
I think AIO followed by LSP is flawed logic. If I was going to spend the extra time doing a second pass, I'd use polish and an LSP.

Using a quality AIO (like HD Speed or BF 1-step) allows you to polish an entire vehicle before removing. Plus, removal of these AIO polishes is generally much easier than a finishing polish. Unless you are applying a ceramic coating, my logic behind using an AIO rather than a finishing polish prior to applying a dedicated wax or sealant is I save time while still achieving the same end result.

Eldorado2k
03-02-2018, 02:06 AM
my logic behind using an AIO rather than a finishing polish prior to applying a dedicated wax or sealant is I save time while still achieving the same end result.

Fair enough..

SWETM
03-02-2018, 04:17 AM
What I have seen and had get me intresting to test is McKees 37 360 AIO. Can't find if it is suposed to be out of moisture and rain from some time after. Maybe someone can chaim in on that. The longevity of this seems impresive and it's easy or even need to buff of. Both BF one step and HD Speed seems to be solid products also. When useing Wolfgang uber AIO you are going to keep it out of moisture the next following 4 hours after applyied.

The benefit to use an AIO when doing one step polishing is the cleaning ability those have. When useing a finishing polish on a not great maintained car there is often alot of imbedded grime. Sure a finishing polish may clean that up to. But I would want to use some paint cleanser before the finishing polish. If not coating or a very special lsp of choice or the need of 2 step my choice is cleaner waxes AIO.

fightnews
03-02-2018, 06:23 AM
I'd say if 3-5 hours is the time frame, that seems like lot more than someone would need for just a quick AIO job. It took me about 2.5 hours to go over my car with HD speed, just doing a few passes per section since the only thing wrong was some light marring from claying it (3 passes with moderate pressure did the trick, eldorado2k plz give me your secrets to claying without leaving any marring.)

I went over the honda pilot that sits outside here in about 3.5 one day with D151, just to play around with it and see if I liked it (I don't.) My gfs car (toyota matrix) and dads car (buick lacrosse) take similar time to do as my car. My experience is certainly limited, but if I'm using an AIO I just do 3-4 passes and move on. The most time consuming part is blowing out my pads, since my air compressor hose is kind of short it's a lot of moving it around.

3 passes is only half of what most people do plus im guessing your 2-3 hours isn't factoring in washing the car, decon, clay, taping off trim, ect

fightnews
03-02-2018, 06:25 AM
I average 2-3 hrs to AIO SUVs. So you should have plenty of time.

Meg's 151 lacks in longevity but is great for it's cut. I've not used the other so cant comment on that.

I did this Acadia in 3 hrs top to bottom worth blackfire AIO this weekend. Used a GG6 with 5inch vented plate and LC orange padshttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/01310d36d933d1d4bcd59eeda8ccd4d4.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/cca19fb4a1df0d0fd802656a3abc369a.jpghttps://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180228/af26c7ada7965b222093801c663d20e4.jpg

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Come on 3 hours for that huge truck? Did you do the roof and both bumpers? What about washing and decon?

How many passes do you do, how many pads do u use?