PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys SSR 2.5

Octaviavrs
02-26-2018, 04:06 PM
Hi, Can poorboys SSR 2.5 be applied by hand? And is it easy to apply and buff off?
I've got a black car with swirls which is the reason I want to use it.
I know its abrasive, but applying it by hand, can it damage my paint or go through the clear if I apply too much of it?

howardm4
02-26-2018, 05:21 PM
Do yourself a huge favor and get a machine like the PC or the GG6 (GG6 preferred). Your arms are going to fall off trying to do it by hand and you'll get a consistency that is impossible by hand, esp. for a beginner. Not all polishes work well w/ microfiber disks so you may want to see what the pad mfgr. sells or something like Meg's D300.

And watch some of the many videos on how to do this w/o making things worse than they already are.

ronkh57
02-26-2018, 05:23 PM
Unless you look like the hulk, get a machine.

Nix
02-26-2018, 06:19 PM
GG6 with white or orange pad should get those swirls out..dont worry it will not damage the paint unless u keep the machine in one spot for long time without moving then you will burn through clear..

Desertnate
02-27-2018, 08:44 AM
I'll join the others and say, regardless of the product, I can't see you getting anywhere close to the results you are probably wanting without the help of a machine.

EDIT: I just saw your response to another post about SSR 3. Are we're still talking about your black Skoda? A machine may be the only way to go if Skoda's paint is as hard as other vehicles in the VAG family like VW or Audi.

Octaviavrs
02-27-2018, 04:14 PM
I'll join the others and say, regardless of the product, I can't see you getting anywhere close to the results you are probably wanting without the help of a machine.

EDIT: I just saw your response to another post about SSR 3. Are we're still talking about your black Skoda? A machine may be the only way to go if Skoda's paint is as hard as other vehicles in the VAG family like VW or Audi.

yes mate, still talking about the skoda