PDA

View Full Version : GTechniq C4 Trim REMOVAL

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 08:29 AM
So I got a little too much trim coating on my windshield wiper stalk what would be the best way to maybe remove this? Anyone have an recommendation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2018, 09:13 AM
Are you talking about the metal arm of the windshield wiper?

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 09:15 AM
Are you talking about the metal arm of the windshield wiper?

Yes, accidentally got it on there and there is a water slick type effect

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2018, 09:24 AM
Just use some fine polish...the problem is a lot of wiper arms have flat black paint...so you may wind up with a shiny area and are going to have to polish the rest of that arm and the other one to match. There's really not a good way to get a coating, like C4, off without polishing it off.

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 10:37 AM
Just use some fine polish...the problem is a lot of wiper arms have flat black paint...so you may wind up with a shiny area and are going to have to polish the rest of that arm and the other one to match. There's really not a good way to get a coating, like C4, off without polishing it off.

Hmmm maybe I’ll just order a new one to be honest might be easier

Rsurfer
02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Hmmm maybe I’ll just order a new one to be honest might be easier

Yup, tried alcohol, paint thinner, gasoline, acetone and a few others. Nothing touched it. A rubbing compound with a lot of elbow grease helped, but not completely.

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 03:37 PM
Yup, tried alcohol, paint thinner, gasoline, acetone and a few others. Nothing touched it. A rubbing compound with a lot of elbow grease helped, but not completely.

weird I just went out with rubbing alcohol and it rubbed right off. reapplied and looks good as gold.

Eldorado2k
02-26-2018, 03:44 PM
weird I just went out with rubbing alcohol and it rubbed right off. reapplied and looks good as gold.

Lol.

Eldorado2k
02-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Pics would make this thread great.[emoji6][emoji336][emoji328]

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 03:45 PM
Lol.

I’m legit not kidding

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 04:07 PM
might be cause I just applied it or idk why but it wouldn't rub off but rubbing alcohol removed. I will do some pics later tongiht

Rsurfer
02-26-2018, 04:19 PM
might be cause I just applied it or idk why but it wouldn't rub off but rubbing alcohol removed. I will do some pics later tongiht

Maybe because it's on a painted surface. I guarantee you if you tried to get it off plastic trim (which it was made for) after it was cured, you would not be able to get it off with any chemical short off muriatic acid.

uhohitsstevo
02-26-2018, 04:20 PM
Maybe because it's on a painted surface. I guarantee you if you tried to get it off plastic trim (which it was made for) after it was cured, you would not be able to get it off with any chemical short off muriatic acid.

You are probably 100 percent right lol. Happy I don’t have that issue right now lol.

fightnews
02-26-2018, 06:02 PM

You probably need 2000 grit sand paper. Thats what they recommended to remove wipenew I bet its a similar thing. Email Gtech

Rsurfer
02-26-2018, 06:48 PM
You probably need 2000 grit sand paper. Thats what they recommended to remove wipenew I bet its a similar thing. Email Gtech

C4 is the same as C1 for paint and you don't need sandpaper to get it off your paint.