PDA

View Full Version : Good Ole Duragloss Aqua Wax

Mgavin1985
02-26-2018, 07:29 AM
Does anyone have any idea what this is made of? I used it for a while and I love the look of it after it set for 12 hours. I was wondering if their was silicone in it?

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2018, 07:53 AM
Well, it's a sealant...silicone is the building block for most sealants. Do you think that is good or bad?

I just looked at the MSDS, and with the new GHS sheets, the only ingredient listed is 1-propanol, which I believe is the carrier solvent. So our days of seeing siloxanes etc. on MSDS/SDS are over.

Mgavin1985
02-26-2018, 11:49 AM
Thank You for info. Just curious for uses Im going to put it on my hardwood floors also. I have a gallon off of it sitting around and haven't used it in a few month I wanted to know about the silicone in the product because it tends to collect a lot of dirt and dust for me when I use them. My vehicle looked great this morning aqua wax gives my cars a deep warm wax look it doesn't look like a typical sealant with that plastic bright shine. I put it over a coating on one of my cars it did change the look of the coating. Aqua wax from my experience it does not last to long and took 5 minutes to apply as drying aid and worked out well no streaking and I got the therapeutic benefits of tinkering around. I love duragloss product they were my go to sealants before coating and very affordable.

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2018, 11:59 AM
Duragloss make a coating, too, which is pretty good. The sprayer tends to clog though if you don't use it often...if I recall. I personally think you'd be fine with the Aquawax on your hardwood floors, as long as it doesn't make them too slippery, but I've never tried that.

Mgavin1985
02-26-2018, 02:09 PM
Yea I saw that I haven’t heard a lot on it anyone have good things to say about their ceramic.

i have always wanted to try their trackclaw sealant the Flourine polymer racing sealant on coating anyone have any experience know you gave me the bug I would like to try one or the other.

Pats300zx
02-26-2018, 03:52 PM
If you have a gallon of AW mix up some AW/921. You will be impressed :)

Mgavin1985
02-26-2018, 06:30 PM
I do what kinda of ratios do you mix and what are you doing a rinseless/waterless type. Everything might be a wee bit better with aqua wax in it.

VISITOR
02-26-2018, 07:13 PM
great stuff, i don't bother buying aquawax separate anymore, just mix up a batch of the rinseless wash (w/aquawax) at 10:1 and you'll have one slick finish with some protection...
https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_93979290

FUNX650
02-26-2018, 11:29 PM
Does anyone have any idea what
this is made of?

See below.

I was wondering if their was silicone in it?

Unless its formulation has recently been
changed...Yes there is; see below:

https://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/931B54F9-626F-433A-8E67-EBEAE1EFE8F1.jpeg

Bob

Pats300zx
02-27-2018, 07:14 AM
great stuff, i don't bother buying aquawax separate anymore, just mix up a batch of the rinseless wash (w/aquawax) at 10:1 and you'll have one slick finish with some protection...
https://sep.yimg.com/ca/I/autogeek_2269_93979290

I agree...This stuff is awesome at 10:1 !!!!

BillyJack
02-27-2018, 09:44 AM
I do what kinda of ratios do you mix and what are you doing a rinseless/waterless type. Everything might be a wee bit better with aqua wax in it.

Mix the Aquawax with DG FCS at 1 part AW to 3 parts FCS. One of the brothers from DG recommended it as a drying aid. Apparently, AW, if used too often, can cause some cloudiness from wax buildup, though I've never experienced it myself. Adding the FCS to the mix eliminates that possibility for those that use it with every wash. I use it with either a Rinseless wash or a soap/bucket wash and also as a QD.
If I'm doing a waterless wash, I just use DG, Ultima or Optimum waterless by itself.

Bill

VISITOR
02-27-2018, 10:27 AM
Mix the Aquawax with DG FCS at 1 part AW to 3 parts FCS. One of the brothers from DG recommended it as a drying aid. Apparently, AW, if used too often, can cause some cloudiness from wax buildup, though I've never experienced it myself. Adding the FCS to the mix eliminates that possibility for those that use it with every wash. I use it with either a Rinseless wash or a soap/bucket wash and also as a QD.
If I'm doing a waterless wash, I just use DG, Ultima or Optimum waterless by itself.

Bill

the rinseless wash with aquawax mixed 10:1 would be similar since it had some cleaners (i'm guessing), i no longer buy aquawax as this has worked very well IME...