PDA

View Full Version : Poorboys SSR 3

Octaviavrs
02-25-2018, 05:00 PM
Hi, I have a black car. It has swirl marks on it, which I have tried removing using poorboys black hole. However, after applying the black hole numerous times, the swirls have definitely got better, but they are still there.
I am now thinking of using poorboys SSR 3 to completely remove them. I have heard that it is a really strong compound and should be used with care.
Does anyone know if it can damage my paint if I apply too much of it? Or should I use SSR 2.5 instead?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

custmsprty
02-25-2018, 07:21 PM
Always do a test spot first and always start with least aggressive method first.

Nix
02-25-2018, 07:22 PM
I would try 2.5 instead of 3 to see if it takes out swirls..try least aggressive method first (Always)..try test spot with ssr2.5 first..italso depends on pad you choose..if you use white and orange foam pads you will be fine..

luckydawg
02-25-2018, 08:40 PM
If you are still concerned after these great suggestions
Contact Dwayne @ Poorboys world
He will be happy to answer all your ??'s

BudgetPlan1
02-25-2018, 10:24 PM
FWIW, Black Hole is a glaze only I believe. Will do some minor filling of imperfections by will not remove them. And unless topped with wax/sealant the filling will be short-lived?

Setec Astronomy
02-26-2018, 07:57 AM
Going from a glaze (Black Hole) to a compound (SSR3) is a huge jump. I haven't used SSR3 since it was a rocks-in-a-bottle compound, but I think it's been reformulated since then. I definitely wouldn't jump to something more aggressive than SSR2.5, and preferably milder than that. As Custmsprty advised, do a test spot and start with the least aggressive method.

Desertnate
02-26-2018, 08:08 AM
All great advice. Blackhole is a great product, but you were trying to get it to do something for which it wasn't designed.

A test spot is going to be the only way to dial in a process which will show you the least aggressive way to correct the paint. What type of car is it? What pads are you working with/have on hand?

Octaviavrs
02-26-2018, 01:56 PM
All great advice. Blackhole is a great product, but you were trying to get it to do something for which it wasn't designed.

A test spot is going to be the only way to dial in a process which will show you the least aggressive way to correct the paint. What type of car is it? What pads are you working with/have on hand?

Its a skoda octavia in metallic black. I am using microfiber applicators. From the advice, I am going to start off with the SSR 2.5..... Will microfiber applicators be ok for this?

DetailKitty
02-26-2018, 04:26 PM
Its a skoda octavia in metallic black. I am using microfiber applicators. From the advice, I am going to start off with the SSR 2.5..... Will microfiber applicators be ok for this?

Good call starting with the SSR 2.5.
I think microfiber applicators will be fine. Are you doing this by hand or do you have a DA?

Octaviavrs
02-27-2018, 04:22 PM
Good call starting with the SSR 2.5.
I think microfiber applicators will be fine. Are you doing this by hand or do you have a DA?

Dont have a DA so will be doing it by hand

VISITOR
02-27-2018, 08:10 PM
if ssr2.5 doesn't cut it, try ultimate compound it's formulated by use by hand and/or DA. it also finishes out really well too...

Octaviavrs
03-01-2018, 05:05 PM
Yeah will give that a try. At the moment, I havent been able to try ssr 2.5 because of the weather

Octaviavrs
03-01-2018, 05:07 PM
if ssr2.5 doesn't cut it, try ultimate compound it's formulated by use by hand and/or DA. it also finishes out really well too...

I couldn't reply to your message mate. I would be interested in it. Could you send it over please?

Octaviavrs
03-03-2018, 04:00 PM

I am located in the UK mate