PDA

View Full Version : Can this get better or not?

kellyinkc
07-09-2006, 04:28 PM
This is wifes car hood after two passes of 80, or is it just white is hard to get a good reflection. BTW I just found the bottle of XMT 2 I thought was gone! Will try that.
http://www.autogeekonline.net/gallery/data/500/medium/S4300088.JPG

MCA
07-09-2006, 05:09 PM
A lot depends on the car model/type of paint. Single stage white is known to be extremely hard - you might have to step up to a more aggressive polish and/or pad to get the best results.

FloridaNative
07-09-2006, 05:14 PM
LOL. All this time I thought you were a girl! I now am assuming that Kelly must be your last name? :o

Reddwarf
07-09-2006, 05:29 PM
LOL. All this time I thought you were a girl! I now am assuming that Kelly must be your last name? :o

I had a male freind growing up named "Kelly". I think the name goes both ways. Maybe he does too, I don't know!

GearHead_1
07-09-2006, 05:37 PM
Yeah, I know as many male Kelly's as I do female Kelly's/Kelli's. Same is true for Riley.

kellyinkc
07-09-2006, 06:07 PM

:p Fooled you. It's my first name. get it all the time. Can be fun too.
Fun forum

FloridaNative
07-09-2006, 06:11 PM
I've never met a male Kelly before only men with Kelly as a last name. There's a first time for everything! :) Nice to meet you Kelly. :)

kellyinkc
07-09-2006, 06:15 PM
Nice to meet you too.
:cheers:

Excessive Detail
07-09-2006, 08:52 PM
This is wifes car hood after two passes of 80, or is it just white is hard to get a good reflection. BTW I just found the bottle of XMT 2 I thought was gone! Will try that.
I have a white car and let me tell you, it took me a long time to figure out what worked best, the fact thats its white to me makes it hard to see any progress and can be very fooling. What worked for me was ssr2.5 and ssr1 or menzerna IP and FPII, a good glaze like xmt FG and a good sealant like PInn LS gives white a pretty good, wet, shinny look.

Surfer
07-10-2006, 08:15 AM
I agree, white is pretty hard b/c it can hide stuff even with a halogen light. I use Optimum Polish and Compound b/c of their longer working times and final outcome. On my suv, after compounding and polishing the truck had a reflection/shine to it as if just coated with a wax/sealent, but Ford white is pretty good too. I have a pic right after compounding that shows a perfect reflection of my sisters suv down the driveway.

But yeh, even using a light, when I'm in the sun at certain angles I see certain little areas I missed or didn't go over enough. Can't really see them though. I did OC/OP, AIO, EX-P and Natty's Blue.