PDA

View Full Version : Mckees N-914 question at 1/8 dilution

fightnews
02-19-2018, 08:37 AM
I was wondering if Mckees n914 at paint prep dilution would be an acceptable cleaner for exterior plastic trim before applying a dressing like mckees plastic trim restorer? Assuming the trim is clean. I'm not talking about trim that is completely trashed and neglected here. I'm talking about trim that's well cared for.

This product has really become 1 of my favorites

Nick McKees37
02-19-2018, 08:55 AM
I was wondering if Mckees n914 at paint prep dilution would be an acceptable cleaner for exterior plastic trim before applying a dressing like mckees plastic trim restorer? Assuming the trim is clean. I'm not talking about trim that is completely trashed and neglected here. I'm talking about trim that's well cared for.

This product has really become 1 of my favorites

Great question. :)

N-914 at 1:8 (1 part concentrate to 8 parts water) is strong enough to remove dirt and grime from plastic trim prior to applying a protectant.

However...

If you have previously coated the trim with another protectant, it's best to use something stronger to clean it. I would recommend McKee's 37 Wax Remover For Plastic.

:dblthumb2:

BudgetPlan1
02-19-2018, 10:47 AM
If you have previously coated the trim with another protectant, it's best to use something stronger to clean it. I would recommend McKee's 37 Wax Remover For Plastic.

:dblthumb2:

Interesting, never thought of using the Wax Remover to help prep trim for coating when a previous trim dressing had been applied.

Well done!