PDA

View Full Version : Website ideas

Pages : [1] 2

jdbillin
02-18-2018, 09:20 AM
I’ve decided that its time for a website for my detailing business, I wanted to get some feedback as far as what you’ve found that works and doesn’t work.

Have you found anything in particular that you get a good response from potential customers? Like sales on the website or have very specific list of what each package consists of or is it better to keep it simple?

I don’t know why but I feel hesitant to list the prices for each detail I have never put any pricing information online I just wanted people to call and ask about pricing info. Maybe that’s not the best way to conduct business.

I’m just looking for some feedback I’m really hoping that this will be a great way for me to reach new customers I know about how many details I get per year by just word of mouth so I’m excited to see how much a website will help.

Thanks
Jordan

LEDetailing
02-18-2018, 09:59 AM
Use a white background. My personal preference.

jdbillin
02-18-2018, 03:31 PM
Ok I was debating on if I should do anything with the background. I think I have it a light gray right now I’ll probaly just leave it alone. It seems like it could be really easy to make everything too cluttered and overwhelming

Thanks
Jordan

Firehouse Mike
02-18-2018, 07:09 PM
I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike

sudsmobile
02-18-2018, 09:43 PM
I just finished some updating on my site to freshen things up a bit. People seem to like it and the ease of navigation and abundant information.

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike

I like your site, Mike. Simple.

sudsmobile
02-18-2018, 09:45 PM
My recommendations are to make sure it works on mobile devices very well, try and give a full list of services you offer, post plenty of pictures (especially before and after) and I like including pricing. I think including pricing makes people feel better because they know what they can afford to do and they know you're not going to jack the price up on them because they drive a Mercedes instead of a Kia.

Mobile devices are the key. We use Google AdWords and when I look at the analytics I'mm always surprised to see that something like 85% of the click throughs to our site are via phones.

tigerwash
02-18-2018, 11:16 PM
Focus on making the website mobile-friendly and easy for people to navigate and understand. Avoid using too many industry terms that might not be familiar or register with your customers. Have a portfolio, a testimonials/reviews pg, & make sure you have a contact form so people can contact you easily. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with your website!

jdbillin
02-19-2018, 03:33 PM
My recommendations are to make sure it works on mobile devices very well, try and give a full list of services you offer, post plenty of pictures (especially before and after) and I like including pricing. I think including pricing makes people feel better because they know what they can afford to do and they know you're not going to jack the price up on them because they drive a Mercedes instead of a Kia.

Mobile devices are the key. We use Google AdWords and when I look at the analytics I'mm always surprised to see that something like 85% of the click throughs to our site are via phones.
That's actually pretty surprising that 85% of the views were from phones. I wasn't expecting it too be that high. I know i don't search the internet too much on my phone mostly for the fact that most of the sights are very limited on your phone. I saw that you can edit the site for the mobile app I will defiantly pay more attention to that to make sure its easy to negative on your phone.

Focus on making the website mobile-friendly and easy for people to navigate and understand. Avoid using too many industry terms that might not be familiar or register with your customers. Have a portfolio, a testimonials/reviews pg, & make sure you have a contact form so people can contact you easily. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with your website!

I figured I shouldn't use to many industry terms. I was debating on if I should explain a little bit about waterless and rinse-less washes. I know a have a ton of customers that are amazed that there vehicle gets washed with only a couple of buckets so I thought about explaining the process a little bit.

I do appreciate the suggestions

Thank you

sudsmobile
02-19-2018, 05:11 PM
That's actually pretty surprising that 85% of the views were from phones. I wasn't expecting it too be that high. I know i don't search the internet too much on my phone mostly for the fact that most of the sights are very limited on your phone. I saw that you can edit the site for the mobile app I will defiantly pay more attention to that to make sure its easy to negative on your phone.

I figured I shouldn't use to many industry terms. I was debating on if I should explain a little bit about waterless and rinse-less washes. I know a have a ton of customers that are amazed that there vehicle gets washed with only a couple of buckets so I thought about explaining the process a little bit.

I do appreciate the suggestions

Thank you

Hey, believe me, I was shocked too. I'm an old guy, I mean I use my phone, but I'm more likely to sit down at my computer to look for something. But I guess those days are long gone.

jdbillin
02-19-2018, 10:02 PM
I feel like i’m the same way i use my phone a lot but if i’m Doing research i will get on the computer. Come to think of it i have been researching different retailers websites for ideas but its all been on the computer. I’ll have to see how they have everything formatted on their mobile version

DeepReflections
02-21-2018, 04:35 AM
Mobile has to be friendly, many, many templates are mobile friendly and automagically handle the conversion for you. Google is very sensitive to your location address. I am located in Silicon Valley where the big bux are distributed, so I added at the back of my website, and this has to be visible or Google will punish your ranking, a one page ditty on surrounding cities. So for instance San Jose is a huge city, but my home address is a suburb of San Jose, so if you type in "Auto detailing San Jose," I don't show up, as my home address is not in San Jose. By adding a back page to my site for San Jose and saying it is 15 minutes from my shop and we are a premium detailer, bla, bla, bla...I now show up under that search criteria.

sudsmobile
02-21-2018, 09:18 AM
As far as location, a google generated map of your location(s) served works better than a static page of cities. If SEO were as easy as you make it sound, everybody would be able to do it and people wouldn't need to pay for help to get ranking on Google.

Mike Phillips
02-21-2018, 02:18 PM

FirehouseDetail.com

Mike

Nice job on your website.

:)

DeepReflections
02-22-2018, 05:06 AM
As far as location, a google generated map of your location(s) served works better than a static page of cities. If SEO were as easy as you make it sound, everybody would be able to do it and people wouldn't need to pay for help to get ranking on Google.
I have to a DUH????, ### what are you talking about???? I never said it was simple(Where did I say that?) just giving a HUGE tip on how to address(pun intended) on how to get Google to know about surrounding areas where your shop is. It has been very effective for me, and hopefully others get it.
And yes by doing what I do, my shop is the first one on the location map for not only my area but the surrounding areas I am interested in being exposed to.
I know SEO and what Google looks for. Don't take advantage of my tip, no harm no foul but hopefully others get it.

sudsmobile
02-22-2018, 09:27 AM
I have to a DUH????, ### what are you talking about???? I never said it was simple(Where did I say that?) just giving a HUGE tip on how to address(pun intended) on how to get Google to know about surrounding areas where your shop is. It has been very effective for me, and hopefully others get it.
And yes by doing what I do, my shop is the first one on the location map for not only my area but the surrounding areas I am interested in being exposed to.
I know SEO and what Google looks for. Don't take advantage of my tip, no harm no foul but hopefully others get it.

You have a pretty high opinion of yourself for a guy that can't form a sentence. It's not a huge tip. You're throwing yourself out there as some sort of SEO expert about how to get ranking on Google. Including your service areas is a no brainer, but that's not how you're getting ranking on Google. You say you know SEO, but I don't think you do.