PDA

View Full Version : MEGS D156 As drying aid

Pages : [1] 2

PA DETAILER
02-17-2018, 04:26 PM
Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156 (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html)

Over the years I have read very many positive reviews and comments on D156. Well thinking of ordering up the gallon come spring. Looking for a more economical drying aid. I think this fits the bill. Good as a drying aid?

FUNX650
02-17-2018, 04:47 PM
Good as a drying aid?

Yes.

Note:
Since it’s a “Wax”, it’ll leave some
Protection behind. And some gloss.

With that in mind:
You’ll need to decide if those factors may,
or may not, create any issues if you are
not wanting the vehicles’ current LSPs’
characteristics to be affected—one way
or t’other—by those of D156.

Bob

LEDetailing
02-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Meguiars Synthetic X-press Spray Wax, X-press car wax, Meguiars X-press spray liquid wax, D156 (https://www.autogeek.net/meguiars-xpress-spray-wax.html)

Over the years I have read very many positive reviews and comments on D156. Well thinking of ordering up the gallon come spring. Looking for a more economical drying aid. I think this fits the bill. Good as a drying aid?

I really like D156, I’ve used it as a drying aid. If you really want to go economical on a drying aid you should look into Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash at Detail spray ratio. I don’t normally use drying aids, but Uber does add nice gloss and slickness.

Eldorado2k
02-17-2018, 06:43 PM
[QUOTE=LEDetailing;1556970] I don’t normally use drying aids/QUOTE]

When I read that, I thought you were gonna go Most interesting man in the world style. [emoji23]lol.

derass
02-17-2018, 06:47 PM
If you really want to go economical on a drying aid you should look into Wolfgang Uber rinseless wash at Detail spray ratio. I don’t normally use drying aids, but Uber does add nice gloss and slickness.

Agreed. I similarly use UWW+ as my drying aid. It's much more economical. I don't like the idea of "watering down" my D156. Seems like it wouldn't be as effective. UWW+ achieves the same purpose, but I don't feel bad spraying it onto a wet car.

I prefer using D156 on a dry car to get both the best protection and my money's worth.

Vue to a kill
02-17-2018, 07:15 PM
It does work well as a drying aid. Optimum Car Wax does as well. Meguirs is probably a bit less expensive. Optimum probably offers more substantial protection. Both work great though.

mwoywod
02-17-2018, 09:01 PM
D156 and Uber Rinseless (3oz. per gallon) are the slickest drying aids I've used. Slickness is generally what I look for first in a drying aid.

I prefer using Optimum Car Wax on dry paint since it's not nearly as slick as D156.

VISITOR
02-17-2018, 09:07 PM
here's another option (GG best of show detailer) as well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SvCrzLzFM4E

Griots Garage Best of Show Detailer 128 oz. (https://www.autogeek.net/griots-best-of-show-gallon.html)
https://sep.yimg.com/ay/autogeek/griots-garage-best-of-show-detailer-128-oz-coming-soon-13.gif
Best of Show Detailer doesn't just keep your shine alive it makes it thrive.
Keep your ride clean, detailed, and shiny between washes.
*Boosts color, depth, and clarity in between washes
*Made with advanced polymers to also improve paint gloss and slickness
*High-lubricity formula safely wipes away dust, fingerprints, and light dirt
*Formulated to flash fast so you can use it in direct sunlight
*Great for use in your garage, on the go, or at a car show

1953hogan
02-17-2018, 10:35 PM
Another vote for D156 and also UWW+. I like both!

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

GEM65
02-17-2018, 11:30 PM
Yes! meguiars D156, been using it as drying aid and on paint/trim/interior for few years.

Sent from my iPhone using AGOnline

Eldorado2k
02-17-2018, 11:34 PM
@VISITOR. But what do you think about Megs D156? Since that’s what OP is asking about.

VISITOR
02-18-2018, 12:25 AM
@VISITOR. But what do you think about Megs D156? Since that’s what OP is asking about.

it's certainly not a bad product, but i gave my 1/2 gallon that i had left to my buddy. i have a handful of UQW so i won't be needing/missing it. even though they are the same, i prefer it more for some strange reason...

Route246
02-18-2018, 02:41 AM
It does work well as a drying aid. Optimum Car Wax does as well. Meguirs is probably a bit less expensive. Optimum probably offers more substantial protection. Both work great though.

I use OCW+McKee's Fast Wax 50:50 as my current drying aid. Works well, protects from UV well, blah blah blah. You really can't go wrong with any decent product as a drying aid, as long as it doesn't streak or stain, etc.. The name of the game is to get lubrication while you're drying and if you get some protection, more power to you.

Pats300zx
02-18-2018, 08:45 AM
I used to use D156 as a drying aid but I found it was causing my drying towels to be less absorbent over time. I still love D156 though and it's my favorite spray wax.

LEDetailing
02-18-2018, 09:18 AM
I used to use D156 as a drying aid but I found it was causing my drying towels to be less absorbent over time. I still love D156 though and it's my favorite spray wax.

I noticed the same, hydrophobic drying towels are counterproductive. I started using my Eagle Edgeless for D156 and quick detailers.