PDA

View Full Version : Anyone having trouble with this glass towel linting?

hoyt66
02-17-2018, 06:02 AM
The Cobra Waffle Weave Microfiber Glass Towel cleans & buffs glass to crystal clarity with the soft texture of genuine Cobra microfiber. (https://www.autogeek.net/ww1627.html)

I am weekend warrior detail enthusiast. These towels have not seen much duty and I am having a problem with linting. I have some older light blue glass towels with a dark blue edge that still do not lint. AG does not carry them anymore. What is everyone using for glass? Please Pm me if non AG

Sharply Dressed
02-17-2018, 07:38 AM
I use them for glass and love them. The only time I've noticed lint issues is when I washed them together with some white terry cloth towels I use with my steamer. The terry towels were new from the pack. I rewashed my microfiber waffle weaves and PFM towels (as I noticed lint on the car paint as well). I also washed the new terry cloth towels separately. Problem solved for me.

fightnews
02-17-2018, 01:21 PM
Twist loop weave is the best I've found 4 glass. I also highly recommend the Glass Master Pro

UncleDavy
02-17-2018, 03:47 PM
I love the Cobra waffle weave glass towels and the drying towels. They definitely have to be washed separately from non-microfiber towels and you should also separate colors. I accidentally have some yellowish beige glass towels.

FUNX650
02-17-2018, 05:47 PM
What is everyone using for glass?

These:

light blue glass towels with a dark
blue edge that still do not lint.

And:
The Guzzler Waffle Weave.

Bob

hoyt66
02-18-2018, 05:18 AM
Thank you for your replies. I believe you have exposed my mistake. I DO wash them with other micro fibers. I will correct this immediately. Thank you

The Guz
02-18-2018, 10:56 AM
I stopped using these same exact towels for the same reason. They got worse as they got older. I ended up switching to a different waffle weave towel and never looked back.

hoyt66
02-18-2018, 11:19 AM
Can you pm what you are using now?

inDetail
02-19-2018, 12:39 AM
Twisted loop weave MF or waffle weave MF. Both are considered drying towels.