PDA

View Full Version : Kenotek

Pages : [1] 2

Nickfire20
02-15-2018, 11:52 AM
I dont know how new these products are, but there are not any reviews on them yet, on Autogeek. Was wondering if anyone has any input. Very few youtube videos also.

I am interested in the showroom shine, since it indicates it has antistatic properties to help against dust build up.

BudgetPlan1
02-15-2018, 12:19 PM
I dont know how new these products are, but there are not any reviews on them yet, on Autogeek. Was wondering if anyone has any input. Very few youtube videos also.

I am interested in the showroom shine, since it indicates it has antistatic properties to help against dust build up.

Back when I was using those QD/Spray Wax type products, Kenotek Showroom Shine was a revelation when I first used it. Very, very nice product. It may have some anti-static properties in it, cant quite remember but it sure is shiny and slick.

Desertnate
02-15-2018, 01:00 PM
I love the stuff and use it as both a QD spray and drying aid.

I can't really say it's anti-static properties are any better than other QD sprays. When there is a large amount of dust or pollen in the air it is going to land on your car no matter what you use. Airborne debris might not cling a tightly as a spray wax with a high carnauba content, but I don't think that particular property is better than other QD sprays which leave nothing behind or are sealant based.

I find Kenotek is very slick, very easy to use in most temperatures, and does leave a really nice gloss behind. I highly recommend it. While Autogeek doesn't sell it, their sister PBMG site, Autopia, does.

JHL88
02-15-2018, 01:07 PM
I have a bottle of Kenotek showroom shine I got through a mystery box, haven't used it yet though

Rsurfer
02-15-2018, 01:16 PM
I have a bottle of Kenotek showroom shine I got through a mystery box, haven't used it yet though

Use it, you'll love it.

JustJesus
02-15-2018, 01:30 PM
While Autogeek doesn't sell it, their sister PBMG site, Autopia, does.

But, they do :)

Kenotek Car Care Products (https://www.autogeek.net/kenotek-car-care.html)

Desertnate
02-15-2018, 02:34 PM
But, they do :)

Kenotek Car Care Products (https://www.autogeek.net/kenotek-car-care.html)

Holy, cow! When did that happen? I always search by specific brands when shopping and normally don't browse the full listing. I had no idea they started offering it here. Was there an announcement I missed?

BudgetPlan1
02-15-2018, 02:41 PM

That's how I first got mine...

ronkh57
02-15-2018, 04:19 PM
That's how I first got mine...

But you heard about it before that :)

ronkh57
02-15-2018, 04:22 PM
Holy, cow! When did that happen? I always search by specific brands when shopping and normally don't browse the full listing. I had no idea they started offering it here. Was there an announcement I missed?

Ahhhh, about a year ago

JustJesus
02-15-2018, 04:30 PM
Holy, cow! When did that happen?

Not sure. I got the info from Klass Act from this thread he made. Thread also has some interesting dialogue (anti-insect as tire dressing)

KENOTEK now available on AG! (https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/off-topic/117759-kenotek-now-available-ag.html)

Tip for you, Desertnate: When shopping for products, as you're doing your "search by brand" - keep an eye out for brand specific sales. They usually don't get announced, but that's how I tend to save money. When a brand/product is on sale, and buy that DURING a sale, it's like a double sale. You're welcome.

Klasse Act
02-15-2018, 06:04 PM
I have their carwash soap coming in tomorrow [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Sizzle Chest
02-15-2018, 08:25 PM
Anti-insect is the bidniss!

Nickfire20
02-15-2018, 08:50 PM
Anti-insect is the bidniss!

Really? Tell me more please

briarpatch
02-15-2018, 09:39 PM
Really? Tell me more please

I don't deal with some of the bug issues that Sizzle deals with (love bugs and the like)....but I do live in a rural area in NJ.....and we deal with mosquitoes, greenheads, horse flies, and the lovely and talented katydid. In the summer, bug removal is a major pain. I started using Kenotek Anti insect a couple of years ago, and it's handled everything I've asked it to. Spray on, and watch it dissolve the nastiness