PDA

View Full Version : Paint coating

joleyred
02-13-2018, 11:11 PM
In January I did a complete correction job and coated my Chevy dually with Car Pro UK edition. Late in the month my wife and I left Michigan, drove to Albuquerque. Picked up our 5th Wheel out of storage and drove onto Casa Grande, Az. . That's 2350 miles in all sorts of weather and road conditions. I brought my cleaning supplies and have rinseless washed the truck several times, which was a breeze. All tar, bugs, road grime and everything you can imagine came off. The truck looks amazing and I cannot say enough good about this coating and their products. On top of that all the things I have learned on this site from everyone is worth more than I can say. Thanks Auto Geek and fellow enthusiasts.
Tim

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

TMQ
02-14-2018, 08:04 AM
That is good to hear that. Thanks for sharing your experience re: the coating you have on the truck.
These kinds of real life results are important for us to digest.

Tom

Desertnate
02-14-2018, 08:52 AM
Glad it is working out for you. Marketing for coatings will claim all sorts of things and talk about all sorts of benefits, but one thing I think they all miss out on is how much easier it is to keep a vehicle clean and looking nice. I've use good quality products in the past, but after switching to coatings maintenance is quite a bit easier.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-14-2018, 10:19 AM
Good to hear Tim. It really is easier to maintain a vehicle when its wearing a coating.

Kamakaz1961
02-14-2018, 04:10 PM
Way Cool! I recently have jumped on the coating bandwagon! I do believe there is a place for coatings. I use coatings for my wheels and for other people's rides that are not garage queens or they really don't maintain their rides in terms of cleanliness. My ride is a garage queen so I still like the carnauba waxes and sealants. But way cool to see you had a great experience with a coating! I like the Gyeon coatings! I am 1/2 Korean 1/2 American and Gyeon is made in SOUTH Korea! So in support of my cousins and relatives I go Gyeon!....LOL

Paul A.
02-14-2018, 08:30 PM
Tim, that's quite a testament and I'm glad to hear you're happy with the coating. I can only think of the wild diversity of weather from Mich in Jan to Arizona! And 2300+ miles. Thanks for the "real world" report. Coming from a fellow enthusiast carries some weight and value for me.

joleyred
03-17-2018, 08:01 PM
Just wanted to give an update on the coating. We are back in Michigan and today I washed the truck with Reset, blew it dry and did a quick spray and wipe down with Reload. The truck cleaned up exceptionally easy and is now slicker than ever. We drove 7500 miles out and back and around Arizona. I'm really pleased with the performance of this coating. I'm going to put it on my motorcycle next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)