PDA

View Full Version : Best 5” pads

Pages : [1] 2

MJL1966
02-13-2018, 03:17 PM
I have a Meguiars MT 300 and a Porter Cable DA and have been using Chemical Guy’s pads. Any recommendations for new ones. I mostly just use a All in One or Polish and Wax

Sent from my iPhone using Autogeekonline mobile app (http://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=87407)

custmsprty
02-13-2018, 03:20 PM
I like Buff and Shine, Lake Country, Griot's Boss pads.

The Guz
02-13-2018, 05:51 PM
The Meguiar's thin foam pads work great on both tools.

fightnews
02-13-2018, 06:17 PM
The lc hybrid pads are the only true 5" pads I have but I dont think they sell them anymore

MJL1966
02-13-2018, 06:47 PM
Anyone have any experience with lc force?

mwoywod
02-13-2018, 11:46 PM
Anyone have any experience with lc force?

I really like the black force finishing pads. The orange is a bit too firm for me. I probably wouldn't get the force pads unless you're using a forced rotation polisher

parshisa
02-14-2018, 12:15 AM
5" orange LC force are the only pads I use with my 3401. good stuff

Desertnate
02-14-2018, 08:56 AM
I use 5.5" pads on a 5" backing plate if that is what you're looking for. Lake Country Thin Pro and Flat pads have served me well.

mattmann
02-14-2018, 08:59 AM
Just got my GG6 and I ordered all griots garage pads

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dlc95
02-14-2018, 09:14 AM
Buff and Shine "Grip Pads":
Red - Sealant/Wax/Fine finishing
Black - Cleaner Wax
Blue - General Polishing
Green - General Cutting / "One Step" Polishing
Orange Microfiber - Extra Heavy Cutting

Lake Country Hydrotech:
Crimson - Sealant and wax application / Fine finishing / cleaner wax
Tangerine - General Polishing - Excellent cut and finish / "One step" polishing
Cyan - General Cutting
Microfiber Cutting - Extra heavy cutting

Those are the two sets I most often use. I tend to use the B&S more, but really love the LC Hydros. I do not recommend the Hydrotech for the beginner, because they have a faster wear rate. The Hydrotech are closed cell foam, which keeps the liquids/abrasives on the work surface. This helps for maximum cycling of diminishing abrasive polishes/compounds. The cut to finish ratio is another notable feature of these pads. The Tangering cuts and finishes more than the blue Buff and Shine. The finish it leaves is absolutely stunning! Out of all of them, that pad impresses me the most.

I tend to pair the Buff and Shine group with Meguiar's, and the Lake Country group with Menzerna/Duragloss.

An honorable mention goes to the Meguiar's Thin Foam Discs. I regularly use their Microfiber pads, but more recently have integrated the foams into the arsenal. They remind me of my Buff and Shine selection, but "dig deeper" per pad. The burgundy cutting is a real heavy cutter, and their yellow polishing is a tick more aggressive than the Buff and Shine Blue. Their durability is also very impressive.

Mike@DedicatedPerfection
02-14-2018, 10:17 AM
Your best bet is to stick with a thin 5" pad. The thinner the pad the better it performs on 8mm throw DA machines.

pilotpip
02-18-2018, 10:57 PM
I have CCS pads and thin pros for my PC. The thin pros work much better.

inDetail
02-19-2018, 12:29 AM
+1 on Buff & Shine flat foam. Built like tanks.

fightnews
02-19-2018, 08:08 AM
Buff and Shine "Grip Pads":
Red - Sealant/Wax/Fine finishing
Black - Cleaner Wax
Blue - General Polishing
Green - General Cutting / "One Step" Polishing
Orange Microfiber - Extra Heavy Cutting

Lake Country Hydrotech:
Crimson - Sealant and wax application / Fine finishing / cleaner wax
Tangerine - General Polishing - Excellent cut and finish / "One step" polishing
Cyan - General Cutting
Microfiber Cutting - Extra heavy cutting

Those are the two sets I most often use. I tend to use the B&S more, but really love the LC Hydros. I do not recommend the Hydrotech for the beginner, because they have a faster wear rate. The Hydrotech are closed cell foam, which keeps the liquids/abrasives on the work surface. This helps for maximum cycling of diminishing abrasive polishes/compounds. The cut to finish ratio is another notable feature of these pads. The Tangering cuts and finishes more than the blue Buff and Shine. The finish it leaves is absolutely stunning! Out of all of them, that pad impresses me the most.

I tend to pair the Buff and Shine group with Meguiar's, and the Lake Country group with Menzerna/Duragloss.

An honorable mention goes to the Meguiar's Thin Foam Discs. I regularly use their Microfiber pads, but more recently have integrated the foams into the arsenal. They remind me of my Buff and Shine selection, but "dig deeper" per pad. The burgundy cutting is a real heavy cutter, and their yellow polishing is a tick more aggressive than the Buff and Shine Blue. Their durability is also very impressive.
Just an fyi the last I checked Meguiars does not recommend using the burgundy pad on paint. They say it creates to much heat. They recommend only using it as a backer for bonnets. The 1 exception is the new aio they just came out with. They say you can use it for that product.

Ronin47
02-19-2018, 09:02 AM
Just an fyi the last I checked Meguiars does not recommend using the burgundy pad on paint. They say it creates to much heat. They recommend only using it as a backer for bonnets. The 1 exception is the new aio they just came out with. They say you can use it for that product.

Hilarious