PDA

View Full Version : Pada,Compounds, Polishers, Sealant, Wax

azacura
02-12-2018, 12:17 AM
Good evening,

So I've decided that I'm going to purchase the PC 7424XP polisher. Now I need you deciding what pads, compounds, polishers, & wax to buy. I'm new to this, I've always polished/waxed my cars by hand. However last week I drove past this house in which the guy was using a PC to polish his car. The results were amazing compare to hand. Anyway I would like for recommendations from everything from tire cleaning to the waxing.

I own nothing but black cars, one is a pick-up truck which is my work truck don't really want to do anything to that one. My 2007 Toyota Sequoia is in pretty bad shape I've, I stopped hand washing it about 6 years ago, about that same time I stopped waxing it, now one side is in very bad shape due to the sprinklers (severe water spots). My other car is a 2013 Acura TSX, this one I've always hand wash, and try to wax it at least once a year, and is in fairly good condition, has swirls.

Again I will be purchasing the PC 7424, I need recommendation with the rest of equipment and supplies, from:

Pads (All Stages)remember Toyota is in bad shape.
Compound
Polisher
Glaze
Sealer
Wax
Tire Cleaning Tools & Chemicals
Glass Cleaner
Interior Cleaner

Seats (leather)
Carpet
Dashboard

Microfiber Products

Drying
Glass
Polishing, Waxing, etc.
General Use

Leather Care

I'm ready to invest, I just need recommendations.

Thank you,

AZ

VISITOR
02-12-2018, 02:59 AM
here's a great article to read if you haven't already...

https://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/2017-new-car-detailing-how-to-article-by-mike-phillips/111332-heres-what-you-need-get-into-machine-polishing-recommendations-beginner-mike-phillips.html?highlight=

fightnews
02-12-2018, 07:03 AM
Good evening,

So I've decided that I'm going to purchase the PC 7424XP polisher. Now I need you deciding what pads, compounds, polishers, & wax to buy. I'm new to this, I've always polished/waxed my cars by hand. However last week I drove past this house in which the guy was using a PC to polish his car. The results were amazing compare to hand. Anyway I would like for recommendations from everything from tire cleaning to the waxing.

I own nothing but black cars, one is a pick-up truck which is my work truck don't really want to do anything to that one. My 2007 Toyota Sequoia is in pretty bad shape I've, I stopped hand washing it about 6 years ago, about that same time I stopped waxing it, now one side is in very bad shape due to the sprinklers (severe water spots). My other car is a 2013 Acura TSX, this one I've always hand wash, and try to wax it at least once a year, and is in fairly good condition, has swirls.

Again I will be purchasing the PC 7424, I need recommendation with the rest of equipment and supplies, from:

Pads (All Stages)remember Toyota is in bad shape.
Compound
Polisher
Glaze
Sealer
Wax
Tire Cleaning Tools & Chemicals
Glass Cleaner
Interior Cleaner

Seats (leather)
Carpet
Dashboard

Microfiber Products

Drying
Glass
Polishing, Waxing, etc.
General Use

Leather Care

I'm ready to invest, I just need recommendations.

Thank you,

AZ

Thats a lot of recommendations? Start with any of the brands here and you really can';t go wrong

dlc95
02-12-2018, 08:47 AM
I dig the PC.

Desertnate
02-12-2018, 09:03 AM
Thats a lot of recommendations? Start with any of the brands here and you really can';t go wrong

I agree. One could spend all day going through that list.

I would recommend searching here on each of those items, as I'm sure there is a "Your Favorite...." thread on each one.

I will provide a couple tips which might help you though your reading:
- Toyota paint is very soft and easy to correct in most colors
- If you are going to use a machine polisher and polish/compound, you don't need a glaze
- I would start with a sealant OR a wax. Keep things simple while you're learning and don't get wrapped up into the alchemy of layering products. Find a good, durable sealant and call it a day.
- Don't be afraid to choose products from multiple product lines. Each one has it's rock-stars you can cherry pick to get a good inventory of products.
- Price isn't always an indication of quality.

fightnews
02-12-2018, 10:44 AM
I would also like to add it's more about putting the work in then having "the best" product. The best as far as I'm concerned doesn't exist in this game. There's good and bad but everything sold on this site is good. No product is going to keep the car looking immaculate with out you doing the work to maintain it. You can do the perfect wax job and the car can get dirty in less then 24 hours thats the way it goes. It takes a lot of time to stay on top of it.

Route246
02-12-2018, 12:35 PM
My advice is to pick a competent brand and stick with it until you become more advanced. I made the mistake of jumping around to many different brands (all good) but ended up with severe overlaps, underused products and a lot of realization that many of them do exactly the same thing, redundantly.

You cannot go wrong with any of the house brands here (McKees, Wolfgang, Blackfire, etc.), Meguiars, HD, etc.

I would not go searching for the holy grail of each brand like I did. It was a very expensive (but enjoyable) lesson!

azacura
02-12-2018, 02:32 PM
Thank you for your advise.

azacura
02-12-2018, 02:33 PM
Thank you.