PDA

View Full Version : Going a back in time a bit with a simple test....

TTQ B4U
02-10-2018, 02:40 PM
Was out in the garage looking over our minivan as she sits all filthy and covered in muck mixed with salt and with all the talk of coating toppers and what not I thought I'd go back a few years to some products I like still and used in the past and do a bit of testing and playing around.

I waterless washed one side of the van (no decontamination though) and I know it can use it but hey, it's just my playing, and prepped the four side panels for a bit of a test to see how each sheds water and dirt and then finally cleans up.

Front Passenger Fender - Hit with Optimum Opti-Seal. It was always my go-to drying aid or detail spray topper until I came into the world of coatings and Wolfgang Uber products. Still love the smell and the slickness that it provides. Really love the WOWA properties of it. It's still one of the better products to use on glass IMO. Sheets water like crazy and putting it on once a month is not a big deal. No chatter and it works.

Front Passenger Door - Coated this with Ultima's Paint Protection + WOWA product. This one I REALLY like and use it still for door jambs and even wheels. Never really used it on the outside paint surface but it is a solid player/product and one I'm looking to see how performance fairs.

Rear Sliding Passenger Door - Good Old CarPro Reload straight-up on this one. My detail spray for coated vehicles is usually a mix of ECH20 with a few ounces of Reload in it so let's see how she does full strength. The only time I ever really use it straight is after coating a vehicle to help protect it while the surface cures.

Rear Passenger Qtr. Panel - Polymer Net Shield. I have always enjoyed PNS on customer cars that come to me for a basic wash and clean up and use it as more of a "little something extra" for them to help prolong the clean and good looks. Easy to use and with it's great hydrophobic properties it will be interesting to see how it fairs.

Stay tuned for updates on my boredom test :)

Hammer77
02-10-2018, 03:17 PM
Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

TTQ B4U
02-10-2018, 04:23 PM
Thanks for putting this together. I look forward to hearing your thoughts.

May be yet this afternoon for the initial reply as my wife just left to go run some errands and it's nasty out in terms of wet salty and dirty roads. Good thing I didn't waterless wash the entire van. I thought about it for a moment as I did 1/3 of it plus cleaned all her windows but decided not to given the weather. My good move for today :)

It will be interesting to see how the panels look when she comes back.